Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Season Opener (Yawn)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

NFL Season Opener (Yawn)

If you love watching inept offenses- both these teams struggle to top 20 points when they play bad defenses- then this game is for you.

My apologies to Steel and all the other traitors on this board, but I'm not sure I can take another year of watching the Steelers defense manhandle people so they can win 13-10.

Pitcher's duels are great- I guess- wouldn't want to watch one every single one of my favorite team's games.

Watching Ben Rothlisberger quarterback is like watching a clock tower dance.

My questions for Steelers fans are this: Can Santonio Holmes- your "Number one" receiver- catch 60 balls this year? Can someone tell me how Willie Parker even has a job? Can Hines Ward still get his gigantic melon into a standard NFL helmet?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: NFL Season Opener (Yawn)

There's enough sour grapes in this post to make a truckload of bad wine.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Good to see you got your cliche quota out of the way, CE. And- open mic night is Wednesday.

Listen- terribly jealous of the trophies, just absolutely hate how they get them. Defenses are great to read about, not watch.

Hey, they finally scored a touchdown! That should close this one out LOL....

Now the Titans answer back with a TD of their own and almost return an interception back all the way for a TD at the end of the half. I love me a good offensive game with a lot of points but there's nothing wrong with this game so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Well no longer a yawner I guess. Hines Ward fumbles on the Titans 4 yard line and the Titans recover to preserve the tie and head to overtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Nice call on the score Dom!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

The Bengals haven't even played yet and we are already behind the Steelers...never ends..does it???

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Nice call on the score Dom!
    That's what I was thinking. Dom, please PM me with tomorrow's winning lottery numbers. Thanks.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I think the Steelers are going to have a disappointing season. Especially with Polamalu missing some time. Their run offense is putrid and if any other QB was back there besides Ben he would be killed.

Yeah, not at all impressed with the Steelers O last night. The defense is still nasty though.

The Steelers won but it came at a price. Polamalu will likely now be out for at least the next 3-6 weeks per Mike Tomlin.

This was also the same injury that Rod Woodson had in week one in the Steelers Super Bowl season against the Cowboys. He didn't return until the Super Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I only saw the highlights. Amazingly, they made a 5 minute clip out of them All the highlights showed Ben having all day to throw, yet the Steelers couldn't run. Odd combination, curious as to takes on why this happened. Ward fumbling was lovely, sorry I missed that live. I think I saw his eye shade running with tears

The next time I see the Steelers lose a coin flip in over time will be the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The next time I see the Steelers lose a coin flip in over time will be the 1st time.
    I don't understand why they can't change the OT rule so that each team gets one possession before it goes to sudden death.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I don't understand why they can't change the OT rule so that each team gets one possession before it goes to sudden death.

Then it's not sudden death, is it?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?