Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanye West selfishly steals stage from Swift

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Kanye West selfishly steals stage from Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    She's very pretty, very talented, and has a beautiful voice.

Which is exactly why I can't stand the fact that all her songs seem to be whining about how guys don't like her. I mean, who knew wealthy, attractive, talented artists got ignored so frequently?
    It is my understanding that she was not very attractive in high school- not popular, nobody talked to her, apparently.

Makeovers are a wonderful thing.

I can look at her and see the nerd, I can.

Hate to say it, but I think she is amazing. Great pop hooks- she did Crossroads with Def Leppard and they gave her all the respect in the world.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

And yes, the Charlie Rich and John Denver reference was awesome!!!!

Get me a Richard Dawson one and you're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    And yes, the Charlie Rich and John Denver reference was awesome!!!!

Get me a Richard Dawson one and you're my hero.
    Charlie Rich was reportedly drunk when he burned the envelope.
    I just saw a brief clip on the local news about Jay Leno's new show. Kanye West was one of his guests. When Leno asked West about what he did to Swift and what his mother would think (I gather West's mother is deceased--not sure of that), West was silent and appeared to tear up. What West did to Swift was wrong, but at least his response to Leno's question was appropriate and he gave the appearance of being at least somewhat contrite.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

West's mother passed away in the last year or two, they were rather close.

On Leno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ofKepheEZ4

Is it just me or did it seem like Leno didn't really want to be doing that interview? I'm impressed that Leno asked tough questions and didn't give Kanye a pass.

Re: Kanye West is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    Yes I know that, I just hate when people try to associate young black America with people who do idiotic things. Many of my friends who are black said they would never by a Kanye West album again after tonight.
    He wasn't attempting to associate SOLEY young black people. Go back and read what he posted. He referred to his DEMOGRAPHICS, which is very inclusive.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: Kanye West steals stage from Taylor Swift

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Just calling him an 'idiot' is being kind.
    Read this morning that Obama called him a jack***

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/c...osition=recent

And I thought what Beyonce, and the audience, did afterwards, was nothing but classy.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

What is "the whole hiphop culture?"
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    She's very pretty, very talented, and has a beautiful voice.

Which is exactly why I can't stand the fact that all her songs seem to be whining about how guys don't like her. I mean, who knew wealthy, attractive, talented artists got ignored so frequently?
    That about sums it up for me.

She is very easy on the eyes, but her songs are so depressing, somewhat juvenile (Our Song) and even for the most part sound alike.

Here are some songs to check out by her:

White Horse (depressing all the way around)
    Tim McGraw (about missing a guy)
    Teardrops on my Guitar (about a guy she has a crush on)
    Should've Said No (about a guy who cheated on her)
    Love Story (Romeo and Juliet, actually the only one I really like)
    You Belong With Me (the song that Kanye dissed her on, again about another guy she has a crush on)
    Our Song (See above, my girlfriend even had that as a ringtone for me, lol)

Her type of music really isn't my favorite, but I did find it slightly amusing that Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers (who's claim to fame is the purity rings and wholesome entertainment) dated her and broke up with her in a phone call that lasted like 30 seconds. Hated it for Taylor, but it does look bad on Joe Jonas IMO.

Speaking of gayfish, South Park is airing the gayfish episode four times in a row tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

It's looking more and more like the whole thing was a setup. The article at the link below discusses some of the speculation I heard in media and PR circles yesterday.

Kanye West Taylor Swift diss at VMAs - A set up?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    She is very easy on the eyes, but her songs are so depressing, somewhat juvenile (Our Song) and even for the most part sound alike.
    Well, she's a teenage girl, they emote for a living (to borrow a line from a comic strip), and she writes her own songs. Not my style, but I guess it's more honest than the faux world-weariness a lot of young singers try to pass off.

As for West, remember when he stormed out of some awards show because he lost to Gretchen Wilson? If he'd tried this stunt with her, she'd have broken the trophy over his head.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Re: Kanye West steals stage from Taylor Swift

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Read this morning that Obama called him a jack***

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/c...osition=recent

And I thought what Beyonce, and the audience, did afterwards, was nothing but classy.
    I can only imagine West response to Obama

I bet it involves Obama not caring about someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It's looking more and more like the whole thing was a setup. The article at the link below discusses some of the speculation I heard in media and PR circles yesterday.

Kanye West Taylor Swift diss at VMAs - A set up?
    All this guy says is "I wonder if it was a setup"?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    All this guy says is "I wonder if it was a setup"?
    Actually he says "But then it occurred to me that MTV may have put him up to it. MTV loves to have controversies occur because they can create VMA moment shows. They probably thought a Kanye West outburst would be a great one to add."

There's no incentive for MTV to own up to this being a stunt, so all it can be is speculation at this point. At least until one of the 3 principals involved in this fesses up. That may take years.

IMHO, it's all way too neat. Now that Kanye has cried and apologized on Leno, 2 days later, every artist involved has come out of this "incident" smelling like a rose. Plus NBC and MTV gained some priceless publicity for shows on their network.

I think most people aren't swayed by the whole "cry and apologize" thing. He's still a jackass to about 90% of the people that know about this.

I don't think it was a setup.

Turn Off Ads?