Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Reds announce 2010 schedule

  1. #1
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,385
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,444

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    It hasn't happened since 2005, but I finally got my wish. A weekend series at Houston during the summer.

  4. #3
    Matt's Dad RANDY IN INDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Opening Day falls on spring break for my son. Would love to get him there for Opening Day!
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

    John Wooden

  5. #4
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,656

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    There are some parts of that schedule that are totally brutal by a travel standpoint and an opponent standpoint. Do we play the Dodgers like nine times next year?! Wow. That Cubs-Mets-Phillies road trip that happens right before the All Star break could be brutal or not too bad depending on how those teams look next year. The late season west coast road trip is pretty brutal too. I'm bummed that the Reds don't get to play the Angels at all this year. That's the only chance I get to see the Angels! There seem to be a lot of good series overall at home though so I'm looking forward to seeing the guys play next season. Let's hope they can survive what seems like a very heavy spring schedule.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  6. #5
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back in Florida
    Posts
    8,150

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Mid-April here in Miami. Won't be too hot.
    It's after Spring Break. Four games this time. Sounds OK.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

    http://dalmady.blogspot.com

  7. #6
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,451

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    DC first weekend in June. Glad its a weekend, so I can try to get to a game.

    I wish they were here more instead of the stupid interleague games, but my rants against interleague fall on the deaf ears of Bud Selig. If they are insisting on interleague, why do the Reds have to play Cleveland year after year.
    Win the Division

  8. #7
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Opening Day falls on this guy's (<---) birthday. Might have to make the trip.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  9. #8
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,212

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    DC first weekend in June. Glad its a weekend, so I can try to get to a game.

    I wish they were here more instead of the stupid interleague games, but my rants against interleague fall on the deaf ears of Bud Selig. If they are insisting on interleague, why do the Reds have to play Cleveland year after year.
    Glad they are coming to DC on a weekend too. The Reds still have never played at Baltimore since inter league play started.
    Also have three west coast trips. One trip in June to Seattle and Oakland,next trip in August to LA,SF and Arizona;last trip to SD in September.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  10. #9
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,328

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It hasn't happened since 2005, but I finally got my wish. A weekend series at Houston during the summer.
    I'll be there as well. :O)
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  11. #10
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,656

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Glad they are coming to DC on a weekend too. The Reds still have never played at Baltimore since inter league play started.
    Also have three west coast trips. One trip in June to Seattle and Oakland,next trip in August to LA,SF and Arizona;last trip to SD in September.
    Next year the Reds face the AL East again and hopefully this time they get to play the O's in Camden Yards. They didn't play the O's at all during the last AL East swing and the O's came to Cincy during the swing before that in 2005. It BETTER work out for the Reds to head to Baltimore in 2011 and if it does I'll be there for sure.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  12. #11
    Playoffs Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,271

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Next year the Reds face the AL East again and hopefully this time they get to play the O's in Camden Yards. They didn't play the O's at all during the last AL East swing and the O's came to Cincy during the swing before that in 2005. It BETTER work out for the Reds to head to Baltimore in 2011 and if it does I'll be there for sure.
    Camden is an absolutely beautiful park. We went there this June during our annual baseball bash and saw an O's/Braves game when heading to the DC/Baltimore area for the Reds/Nats series.

    Speaking of the annual baseball bash, I'll have to look at the schedule and start identifying potential trips for 2010.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

    Put an end to the Lost Decade.

  13. #12
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,656

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Camden is an absolutely beautiful park. We went there this June during our annual baseball bash and saw an O's/Braves game when heading to the DC/Baltimore area for the Reds/Nats series.

    Speaking of the annual baseball bash, I'll have to look at the schedule and start identifying potential trips for 2010.
    I totally agree! I love Camden Yards. It's a gorgeous park and there really aren't any bad seats there. I saw an O's-Red Sox four game series there about two years ago and I loved the experience even though the O's lost three of the four games. :
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  14. #13
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,262

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    Just perfect. I have to deal with Cubs fan on my birthday....

  15. #14
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    The Reds only come to Wrigley twice for a total of 7 games? Am I reading that right?

  16. #15
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

    The Reds went to Seattle in 2007 and are going back again next season? I was hoping they would come to Cincy so we would potentially see the return of Griffey, assuming he plays another year.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25