Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary dies at age 72

Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary dies at age 72

Sad news tonight on the music front, Mary Travers died at age 72 from cancer. What a blend of voices they were.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/ar...ravers.html?hp
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary dies at age 72

Sad to hear.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quite sad. It's amazing how many lives their music touched. My 9 year old daughter loves "Lemon Tree" and "If I Had a Hammer". I don't think she can grasp how long ago those songs were written and the significance it had 40 years ago. I had hoped to get her to a P,P and M concert someday knowing that they wouldn't be together forever and now time has run out. It'll be interesting to see if Peter and Paul try to do their singing w/o her. I didn't even hear she was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Quite sad. It's amazing how many lives their music touched. My 9 year old daughter loves "Lemon Tree" and "If I Had a Hammer". I don't think she can grasp how long ago those songs were written and the significance it had 40 years ago. I had hoped to get her to a P,P and M concert someday knowing that they wouldn't be together forever and now time has run out. It'll be interesting to see if Peter and Paul try to do their singing w/o her. I didn't even hear she was sick.
    "Lemon Tree" is the song I always use to signal "someone's coming" when I am attempting to switch someone answering machine tape. I always thought that Trini Lopez sang it though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

When I was a kid, I loved listening to their music, and still enjoy them quite a bit here and there. Puff The Magic Dragon is still one of my favorites - incredible song.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    When I was a kid, I loved listening to their music, and still enjoy them quite a bit here and there. Puff The Magic Dragon is still one of my favorites - incredible song.
    Puff The Magic Dragon was one of my favorites when I was a little one. I had forgotten they had did that song. They had a very nice blend that will always be easy to listen to.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    "Lemon Tree" is the song I always use to signal "someone's coming" when I am attempting to switch someone answering machine tape. I always thought that Trini Lopez sang it though.
    Can't say I often switch someone's answering machine tape...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Can't say I often switch someone's answering machine tape...
    Well, my brother-in-law once left a message on this guy's machine, and he blurted out some business information he wasn't supposed to, and it would have cost him $15,000, so he waited outside the guy's house and when the guy came home he went upstairs with him and he switched the tape.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Well, my brother-in-law once left a message on this guy's machine, and he blurted out some business information he wasn't supposed to, and it would have cost him $15,000, so he waited outside the guy's house and when the guy came home he went upstairs with him and he switched the tape.
    OK. I got the impression from your post that this is something that you do often.

There might be no better music for kids than PP&M.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Nice Seinfeld reference
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Henry Gibson died as well. Soon, no one whom I remember from childhood will be alive.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?