Here's what I expect from Stubbs:
* I expect he will continue to provide superior defense.
* I expect his plus arm to remain a plus tool.
* I expect his base stealing to improve as he learns the pitchers and catchers in the league.
* I expect him to improve his hitting, especially where plate discipline is concerned. He's always taken a while to learn at each level and his plate discipline has always been steadily progressing. Really what he needs in this area is consistency; sometimes he looks like an old pro out there and the next at bat he looks like a kid being fooled again. Time will cure this...but a lot longer time than most of us seem to want. I see 2011-2012 as the time we'll see the 'real' Drew Stubbs.
* I expect him to hit for some power, but less than he's currently displaying. I think his power surge is largely 'Great American Small Park' power. HR in GAB = 6, HR on road = 1. That said, he WILL be playing half his games in GAB...
I really wouldn't be too upset if Jocketty decided Stubby should spend another season in AAA, but I'm not sure what that would do to the kids head. This might be the best hitting of his entire career and they send him down... How does that motivate him? Anyway, he needs many, many, many at bats somewhere. As long as he continues to progress I'll be happy. And I won't mind if he does it in the Major Leagues either...I love watching him play center field.