Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer's stats

Homer's stats

Counting tonight in Homer's last 6 games:

39.1 innings
    35 hits
    1.83 ERA

I know it's Sept, but do we have something for next year?

I can envision him competing with Cueto for ACE status in 2010

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer's stats

Would have got a win if not for Cordero. Don't worry, he's once again not earning his $10 mil plus salary. Wish he would go back to the Brewers or something.
    Last edited by LouisvilleCARDS; 09-18-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Would have got a win if not for Cordero. Don't worry, he's once again not earning his $10 mil plus salary. wish he would go back on his raft or something.
    Well i have to say I wont miss you after this ban worthy post.

Funny edit.

But really, Cordero sucks.

Funny edit.

But really, Cordero sucks.
    Are you actually serious. Maybe his manager should not have him go for his fifth save in five nights. Are you really serious about Cordero, this has to be some type of sarcasm that I am not getting.

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    Are you actually serious. Maybe his manager should not have him go for his fifth save in five nights. Are you really serious about Cordero, this has to be some type of sarcasm that I am not getting.
    He's getting paid 10 mil. FOR PITCHING ONE INNING!!!!

The guy barely pitched what, 30 pitches in the previous 4 nights? If he was getting paid $4 mil or something, then that's fine. But for $10 mil plus and having the highest salary on this team, this guy better be PERFECT or get the hell out of town, PERIOD.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I've always thought he'd be better then Cueto and Volquez. Where's the guys who wanted to trade him?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The most impressive thing about Homers stats is that hes on the mound confident hes going to do well. He has a lot of Nolan Ryan hard headedness in his demeanor on the mound. As a hitter Homer is not a guy you want to let know hes better than you because it just makes Homer better. Hes going to throw a fastball until you hit it and then you start to think about cheating on the fastball and you will be totally off balance with a curve or splitter when it comes. He has been taking this I'll stop throwing it when you hit it attitude to the mound and I love every second of it because he has the stuff to have that type of pitching style. He is not going to be intimidated by anyone out there and its great to see. I guess his bad attitude is finally paying off .

The guy barely pitched what, 30 pitches in the previous 4 nights? If he was getting paid $4 mil or something, then that's fine. But for $10 mil plus and having the highest salary on this team, this guy better be PERFECT or get the hell out of town, PERIOD.
    "Perfect or get the hell out of Town, period." One of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this board. No closer, regardless of money is perfect. Please meet the other guys you would gladly run out of town.

Sortable Pitching
    RK PLAYER TEAM BLSV ERA
    Brian Fuentes LAA 7 4.26
    Joe Nathan MIN 5 2.21
    Mariano Rivera NYY 2 1.94
    Francisco Cordero CIN 4 2.37
    Heath Bell SDG 5 2.86
    Jonathan Papelbon BOS 3 1.97
    David Aardsma SEA 4 2.06
    Jonathan Broxton LAD 5 2.42
    Trevor Hoffman MIL 3 1.88
    Francisco Rodriguez NYM 6 3.13
    Brad Lidge PHI 10 7.21
    Bobby Jenks CHW 6 3.71
    Carlos Marmol CHC 4 3.41

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I've always thought he'd be better then Cueto and Volquez. Where's the guys who wanted to trade him?
    They are probably somewhere talking about how its time to give up on Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs.

Why should he get out of town? If someone paid you 10 million to pitch one inning would you not take it? There is no reason just to judge Cordero based off the 10 million he is making and say he is a waste. He has saved 38/42 games and has pretty much been dominant which is all you can ask for out of a closer.

The fact that our management was willing to pay him 10 million is who fingers should be pointed at when complaining about his contract. Cordero is performing as good as we could have asked.

Bleeding Red in the South

This post is hilarious. Why hate on the guy for accepting a contract that he never should have been offered?

Especially when the guy is leading the LEAGUE in what he's paid to do. GET SAVES. If he were on a winning team he'd be having an all time type of season.

Ignorance really is bliss sometimes, huh Lousville?

Check out Bailey's BB/K ratio over his last 6 starts. Elite.

Can't understand as often as new threads are made around here that they can't stay on topic without negativity about something else.

Anyways, Homer has been owning. I'd guess only one more start this year? His value on FanGraphs for 09 is $3.4 mil. Just dominating stuff lately. I love it.
    2010 Attendance Record: 7-4
    2009 Attendance Record: 14-16

Stop! Homer time!!

What's the 09 Fangraphs value mean?

Turn Off Ads?