Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Where does Frazier play?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Where does Frazier play?

Now that Jocketty has blocked him at 3B with Rolen, a glut of LF candidates (and Francisco and Alonso on the horizon), and no apparent desire to move Phillips to SS?

IMO next year he should play 3B at Louisville, and then replace Rolen as the Reds 3B in 2011, when Scott will give the Cardinals a nice little home-town discount if the Reds don't break the bank for him.
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-19-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where does Frazier play?

i dont think rolen likes larussa, i read how earlier this year he went in and talked to larussa and they sort of both put it behind them, but how much so, who knows. besides i think rolen would be willing to give the reds a hometown discount more so than the csrds. isnt rolen from indiana?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I do believe Frazier could be the 2B here next year and Phillips would make a spring training move to SS
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    i dont think rolen likes larussa, i read how earlier this year he went in and talked to larussa and they sort of both put it behind them, but how much so, who knows. besides i think rolen would be willing to give the reds a hometown discount more so than the csrds. isnt rolen from indiana?
    Yeah, he's from Evansville/Jasper.

I could be making too much out of his attempted reconciliation with LaRussa.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I do believe Frazier could be the 2B here next year and Phillips would make a spring training move to SS
    If it worked out, that would also solve the Reds' SS quandary.

I dont think he is with the reds next year because i think
    Reds acquire: Yunel Escobar,Javy Vasquez
    Braves acquire: Bronson Arroyo, Todd Frazier,Travis Woods,Paul Janish,Willy Taveras

Reds get the SS they need while adding a great sp to take the place of edinson volquez next season.

Braves get 2 sp's who could help them in the long run while todd frazier can take chipper's place in 2011 and Paul Janish can take Escobar's spot next season while Taveras can help back up McClouth in the CF

OR

Reds acquire- Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, Jeremy Hermida
    Marlins acquire- Travis Woods, Yonder Alonso, Jay Bruce, Neftali Soto, Josh Fellhauer, Paul Janish

Orioles acquire- Francisco Cordero, Wladimir Balentien,cash
    Reds acquire- Jeremy Guthrie, Luke Scott, Chris Ray

Reds acquire Chris Young,Kyle Blanks
    Padres acquire Aaron Harang

Reds acquire Ryan Doumit and Paul Maholm
    Pirates acquire Matt Maloney and Juan Francisco

Sign Orlando Hudson and Johnny Gomes to 2-year deals

Any of those are realistic.its just whether the reds got the guts to pony up to it

Below is a link to an article I just wrote on Frazier. He played almost exclusively at second base after getting called up to Louisville in late August. I hope you all find this mildly informative and entertaining.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6603-Louis...ith-solid-2009

Ummm... how bout playing shortstop?
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    OR

Reds acquire- Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, Jeremy Hermida
    Marlins acquire- Travis Woods, Yonder Alonso, Jay Bruce, Neftali Soto, Josh Fellhauer, Paul Janish

Orioles acquire- Francisco Cordero, Wladimir Balentien,cash
    Reds acquire- Jeremy Guthrie, Luke Scott, Chris Ray

Reds acquire Chris Young,Kyle Blanks
    Padres acquire Aaron Harang

Reds acquire Ryan Doumit and Paul Maholm
    Pirates acquire Matt Maloney and Juan Francisco

Sign Orlando Hudson and Johnny Gomes to 2-year deals

Any of those are realistic.its just whether the reds got the guts to pony up to it
    I Think all of them are realistic except for the Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson trade, i think the Marlins trade Josh Johnson but not Hanley

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy View Post
    Ummm... how bout playing shortstop?
    I was thinking the same thing. That way Frazier gives you an offensive edge at SS, you don't disturb Phillips, and you won't have to trade for a SS.

He may well be adequate at SS, and infield defense stays tight at 2B and 3B.

Problem is, I don't think the Reds are considering it as an option.
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-24-2009 at 03:14 PM.

I'd like to see Frazier at 2B and move Phillips to SS and see what happens in spring training. I like the defense that Janish brings to SS but I don't see much offensive upside. But I believe management wants to make Janish the starter at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by BatsExaminer View Post
    Below is a link to an article I just wrote on Frazier. He played almost exclusively at second base after getting called up to Louisville in late August. I hope you all find this mildly informative and entertaining.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6603-Louis...ith-solid-2009
    Nice article, BatsExaminer.

Turn Off Ads?