Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Any bowlers on here?

Re: Any bowlers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    great center. they spent some serious coin fixing the place up a couple of years after i moved there(2002). last i heard though the place was going to be torn down due to another company buying the corner lot. i believe it was a health insurance company that bought it. well at least it wasn't another wallgreens.
    down here in the Dayton area a number of alleys have been torn down and replaced by Walgreens/CVS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    down here in the Dayton area a number of alleys have been torn down and replaced by Walgreens/CVS.
    i know 2 of the houses i shot 300 in were. royal z miamisburg and centerville lanes. sellouts!
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i know 2 of the houses i shot 300 in were. royal z miamisburg and centerville lanes. sellouts!
    I grew up bowling at royal z miamisburg (forteners when I started bowling there) and Miami Lanes, bowled a few times at centerville.

I bowled my second 300 game tonight!

Congrats, OBM. I don't mind bowling occasionally, but am not great. Don't think I've ever gone over 140~50 before.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I have no clue when it comes to bowling...

What is the strike percentage of a good amateur bowler. How about for a pro bowler?

I'm just trying to gauge the difficulty level of bowling a 300 game.

What's this "hook" stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I have no clue when it comes to bowling...

What is the strike percentage of a good amateur bowler. How about for a pro bowler?

I'm just trying to gauge the difficulty level of bowling a 300 game.
    I'm not sure about the strike percentage.

Bowling a 300 is one of the toughest things to do in sports. There are plenty of good bowlers out there who have never thrown a 300 game. Obviously you need to be able to throw a good ball, but luck is a factor too. You can make the perfect shot and still leave a 10 pin/7 pin/8 pin. For example, my brother had the first eight strikes last night and buried one deep in the pocket in the 9th frame and left a 10 pin. He didn't do anything different from the previous eight, he just had bad luck on the 9th one. I've thrown two 300's now in less than a year, but there have been other time where I was perfect through seven or eight frames and made a good shot only to leave a corner pin. It's frustrating, but luckily I've had two games where I hit the pocket with every shot and everything carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What's this "hook" stuff?
    Hooking the bowling ball to get a better angle at the pocket. Here's a video teaching you how to hook a ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pKp...eature=related

I was kidding, but actually, "Thanks". I've just bowled straight ahead my whole life with expected results.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I bowled my second 300 game tonight!
    Congratulations on that, I think that is really fantastic.

Thanks.

I am back bowling in a full league this winter for the 1st time in 5+ years and am loving it. I forgot how much fun it is to bowl in a league. I am currently up to a 193 AVG and have shot 600+ in 8 of 9 weeks. My goal is to get my AVG to 200 before the end of the season as I am more interested in being a consistent bowler right now than shooting a 300. If you become consistent the high scores will follow.

The thing that killed me was the 1 week of the last 9 that I did not shoot a 600+ I shot a fricken 412!!, easily the worst night of bowling in my league life.

As far as a 300, they are much more common now than they were 10+ years ago because of the technology advance in the equipment but they are still very hard to do. I had the front 9 a couple weeks ago and when I went to shoot in the 10th my heart rate had to be 125+ and of course I pulled my shot terribly.

412 ... now that's frustrating. I've had a few of those. About a month ago I had a 450 series. I was ready to throw my equipment in the river and quit bowling.

600+ in 8 of 9 weeks is impressive though. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-16-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    412 ... now that's frustrating. I've had a few of those. About a month ago I had a 450 series. I was ready to throw my equipment in the river and quit bowling.

600+ in 8 of 9 weeks is impressive though. Keep up the good work.
    Frustrating was not the word. After the middle of the 2nd game I had tried every shot I could think of and just ended up saying screw it and threw my plastic spare ball straight down the middle.

Had a 654 last night with a 3rd game 255. I always enjoy improving every game as it makes me think I am adjusting correctly. 9 out of 10 weeks of 600+.

Of course now that I am bowling so well I want to buy more equipment.

Turn Off Ads?