Re: Any bowlers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Did you have the gutters blocked?
    Yeah! There still full of leaves. :
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Man oh man I'm on cloud 9 right now. I bowled in my Monday night league tonight and bowled my first ever 300 game! I'm still stunned at this moment. My dad, who is a very good bowler himself, has been bowling for over 30 years and has never thrown a 300 before. I had others come up and tell me they know people who have been bowling for 30-40 years and have never bowled a 300 game. My dream was to one day bowl a 300 but I never expected it to come so early - as I said before, I've only been bowling for about nine months and didn't start hooking the ball until late March/early April. I'm so excited right now I probably won't be able to sleep.
    Congrats man! Great accomplishment. I've been bowling (regularly, in a league) for 5 or 6 years now and I don't yet have a 300. Carried a perfect game into the 10th 3 times, but have failed to finish. First time was a 299, second time I threw a bad ball and then missed the spare, don't even remember the score lol, and just last week I threw a perfect ball, only to leave a pocket 8 pin of all things.

That's cool that your dad was there to see you do it. My dad bowls in the same league as I do so hopefully he'll be there to see mine, if I ever get one heh. He has two, but hes has about 25 more years of bowling on me.

Carrying a 204 average right now, which is the highest its ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    Now I have to ask you this question. Was your 300 sanctioned?
    Yep. They already sized me up for a ring and I'll also receive a trophy shaped like a bowling pin.

The ring will look something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    Congrats man! Great accomplishment. I've been bowling (regularly, in a league) for 5 or 6 years now and I don't yet have a 300. Carried a perfect game into the 10th 3 times, but have failed to finish. First time was a 299, second time I threw a bad ball and then missed the spare, don't even remember the score lol, and just last week I threw a perfect ball, only to leave a pocket 8 pin of all things.

That's cool that your dad was there to see you do it. My dad bowls in the same league as I do so hopefully he'll be there to see mine, if I ever get one heh. He has two, but hes has about 25 more years of bowling on me.

Carrying a 204 average right now, which is the highest its ever been.
    Man, I can't tell you how frustrated I would be if I threw 11 in a row only to get robbed on the 12th ball. There's nothing more frustrating than leaving a pocket 8 or 10 pin.

A 204 average is awesome man. I haven't got there yet. My next goals are to throw a 700+ series and raise my average up over 200.

I see that you're from Ohio. Have you ever bowled at the Super Bowl in Erlanger, Kentucky, or at Shawnee Lanes in Chillicothe? I've bowled at both of those places and really enjoyed my time there.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Congratulations!

I bowled for quite a few years and my best game was a 288. 10 strikes followed by a 6-7-10 split where I only picked up the 6 and 10. After the 10th strike, they announced over the loudspeaker that I was about to bowl a 300 and everyone stopped and came to watch. I knew the 11th one was a mistake before I finished my approach...I was less nervous the first time I jumped from an airplane.

The part that bothered me most was I struck out from the 8th frame on in the game before, so I threw 15 in a row but didn't get a 300.

Again Congrats! Maybe someday you can make some money at it.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

That 300 game should score you some groupies now.

Last edited by goreds2; 10-28-2009 at 12:32 AM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Yep. They already sized me up for a ring and I'll also receive a trophy shaped like a bowling pin.

The ring will look something like this:

Very nice. Well done young man.

Man, I can't tell you how frustrated I would be if I threw 11 in a row only to get robbed on the 12th ball. There's nothing more frustrating than leaving a pocket 8 or 10 pin.

A 204 average is awesome man. I haven't got there yet. My next goals are to throw a 700+ series and raise my average up over 200.

I see that you're from Ohio. Have you ever bowled at the Super Bowl in Erlanger, Kentucky, or at Shawnee Lanes in Chillicothe? I've bowled at both of those places and really enjoyed my time there.
    Never bowled at either of those lanes. Just mostly around the cincy/dayton area and a little in indy.

On the 299 I left the 5 pin, got a nice "wussy" yelled out from my teammates. Gotta love teammates. Its was a light hit tho, and frankly i was lucky to leave only one pin.

I like yours goals, its good to have goals in bowling. Keeps you motivated. My long term goal was get over a 200 average and now that I've done that my goal is to keep it there. I've only thrown two 700's, maybe 3. A couple years ago I watched a guy bowl an 843, that was just insane.

Congrats on the 300 game. That's amazing.

I used to bowl a lot and recently joined a league for the first time in about 5 years. We are in week 6 now and I started off really well (for me), but have struggled a lot the last few weeks. I haven't been able to find the pocket consistently at all and keep missing easy spares which I think is just a lack of focus on my part. But I'm really happy to be back bowling every week.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I've bowled in winter office leagues for the last few years.

I can't seem to figure out how people get the ball to hook -- whenever I've thrown a hook, I use two fingers and palm the ball, but I know that's not how you're supposed to do it, and most of the time it leaves me with a ball side-spinning in a straight line down the lane.

It's the one sport / activity that I'm actually worse at than golf.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I've bowled in winter office leagues for the last few years.

I can't seem to figure out how people get the ball to hook -- whenever I've thrown a hook, I use two fingers and palm the ball, but I know that's not how you're supposed to do it, and most of the time it leaves me with a ball side-spinning in a straight line down the lane.

It's the one sport / activity that I'm actually worse at than golf.
    What kind of ball are you throwing? If it's plastic then you need to get another ball as plastic balls aren't designed to hook.

Just saw this - congrats on the 300, OBM!

I bowled a 206 once, back in the dark ages. Good on ya.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

No, I went to IU and when you lose a 28-3 lead there is no bowling.

Oh you meant....

Congrats on the 300. I'm not sure if I could get that in 3 games.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

300 is awesome man congrats!

I witnessed 3 300s last year in our league and it is quite a spectacle to see one, can't imagine throwing one myself.

I bowled in my first sanctioned league last year and finished the year with a 179 average. I am bowling in another league this year at Super Bowl in Erlanger and just bowled my high series of 670 (234, 192, 244) tonight. The 244 is my high game ever. Average is sitting at 183 after 9 weeks and my goal was to get up to 185 for the year, so hopefully I can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by mash3024 View Post
    300 is awesome man congrats!

I witnessed 3 300s last year in our league and it is quite a spectacle to see one, can't imagine throwing one myself.

I bowled in my first sanctioned league last year and finished the year with a 179 average. I am bowling in another league this year at Super Bowl in Erlanger and just bowled my high series of 670 (234, 192, 244) tonight. The 244 is my high game ever. Average is sitting at 183 after 9 weeks and my goal was to get up to 185 for the year, so hopefully I can get there.
    Thanks for the congrats guys.

The Super Bowl in Erlanger is an awesome bowling alley. I've bowled there three times now (total of about 10 games) and love it. It's my second favorite bowling alley after the one I bowl in on a regular basis.

Turn Off Ads?