Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any bowlers on here?

Re: Any bowlers on here?

I'm getting two brand new bowling balls for Christmas. One is a 900 Global Bounty Hunter and the other is a Morich Craze. I'm pretty darn excited about it.

Bounty Hunter

Craze

The Craze is supposed to be one of the best hooking balls ever made.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    plastic balls aren't designed to hook.
    they did at one time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Pft, all of you guys and your fancy bowling balls. I use the lane balls and man do they suck. I still enjoy kicking my friends butts though.

OBM congrats. the first one is always the hardest. my first one came in 1995 at royal z miamisburg lanes against my late wife. she had got me drunk before we were to bowl against each other. i bowled earlier that night and shot 666 at poelking south before driving over to roylal z. i've been bowling since 1989 and have enjoyed it. the sport has got alot easier over the years for sure but don't ever let someone take your feat away from you. it has taken me many years to get these awards.
    12 300's
    4 299's
    2 298's
    2 800's (816-800)
    10 11 in a row awards
    booked as high as a 238 average for a season
    i'm the most proud of the 12 300's have came in a total of 7 different centers. my advice if you love it keep with it. to shoot a 300 at such a early time in your career is super. like you said there are alot of people that will never shoot one. also find some local sweepers and tournys. rack some money up before your average gets to high. keep working hard!

Dan
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    they did at one time.
    some people can still hook the hell out of them!

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Thanks Dan. I noticed your sig a while back and have been meaning to send you a message to discuss bowling. I'm glad there's someone on here who loves bowling as much as I do. 12 300's is very, very impressive. It takes talent but it also takes some luck to bowl a 300. You can make a perfect shot and leave one of the corner pins, or an eight pin. To throw 12 straight balls in the pocket and have each one carry is tough to do. I hope I can thrown another one someday.

What kind of ball do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Thanks Dan. I noticed your sig a while back and have been meaning to send you a message to discuss bowling. I'm glad there's someone on here who loves bowling as much as I do. 12 300's is very, very impressive. It takes talent but it also takes some luck to bowl a 300. You can make a perfect shot and leave one of the corner pins, or an eight pin. To throw 12 straight balls in the pocket and have each one carry is tough to do. I hope I can thrown another one someday.

What kind of ball do you use?
    i love storm! for me they are the most true rolling balls that i have thrown. ebonite is a close second. since moving to the kansas city area i've been working on some different things. i first switched to hammer(burn&venom)with mixed results. out here the backends are not as clean as they are in ohio and i've been trying to overcome that. i switched back to ebonite and storm the last few weeks and the scores have come back around for me. also i moved back my feet some more to create more speed and power. no matter how long you bowl there will always be a learning curve. feel free to PM me anytime you have any questions. i will try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    some people can still hook the hell out of them!
    there was a time when the columbia yellow dot bleeder was the ball to have.

there was a time when the columbia yellow dot bleeder was the ball to have.
    i always was a fan of the white dot. there was a league back when i was in dayton that you could only use that line of equipment. white dot/yellow dot ect.

i always was a fan of the white dot. there was a league back when i was in dayton that you could only use that line of equipment. white dot/yellow dot ect.
    my first ball was a carmel white dot. My all time favorite ball was the columbia plastic Black Knight. Actually won a tournament, in Toledo, using it at the beginning of the resin era. I can guarantee I was the only person using plastic that day.

my first ball was a carmel white dot. My all time favorite ball was the columbia plastic Black Knight. Actually won a tournament, in Toledo, using it at the beginning of the resin era. I can guarantee I was the only person using plastic that day.

imperial lanes or southwyck?

imperial lanes or southwyck?
    it was the house where they used to always hold PBA National (don't remember the name).

it was the house where they used to always hold PBA National (don't remember the name).
    more than likely imperial. of course southwyck did hold a few as well. southwyck is a two sided center.

more than likely imperial. of course southwyck did hold a few as well. southwyck is a two sided center.
    it was imperial then because it was not a two sided center.

it was imperial then because it was not a two sided center.
    great center. they spent some serious coin fixing the place up a couple of years after i moved there(2002). last i heard though the place was going to be torn down due to another company buying the corner lot. i believe it was a health insurance company that bought it. well at least it wasn't another wallgreens.

Turn Off Ads?