Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Any bowlers on here?

Re: Any bowlers on here?

I did something tonight that I have never seen before - three straight pocket 8-10 splits. Incredible. I couldn't believe it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been in a slump in the last 10 days but I bowled pretty well in my league tonight. The first game I used my MoRich Craze and struggled a bit with only a 176. My thumb was swollen a little bit, so I was having trouble getting my thumb out of the ball clean. In the second game I changed balls from the Craze to the MoRich Weapon of Mass Bias (the ball I threw my first 300 with) and found instant success. I started the game out with six straight strikes and was throwing the ball so well I thought I had a solid chance at another 300. I threw the seventh ball deep into the pocket only to find a four pin staring at me. I ended up with ten strikes for a 259 game. The next game I again threw the ball well except for one ball where I missed way outside and left a tough spare that I missed. I finished that game with a 202 to finish up with a 637 series. I just wish I had changed balls earlier instead of battling thumb problems and waiting until the second game to make a change.

And a woman wins a Bowling Major!

Danika Patrick and Michele Wie....she ain't!

Congratulations! That would be a great thing for Bowling. Getting the women and men on the same tour. That would open up a ton of different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    And a woman wins a Bowling Major!

Danika Patrick and Michele Wie....she ain't!

Congratulations! That would be a great thing for Bowling. Getting the women and men on the same tour. That would open up a ton of different scenarios.

In case anyone has no idea what you are talking about:

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/kulick-be...-82579507.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    In case anyone has no idea what you are talking about:

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/kulick-be...-82579507.html
    I watched from start to finish. She was awesome. She throws an excellent ball. It's not like she backed in because her opponents bowled bad, she just out bowled them. Her first opponent, Mika Koivuniemi, bowled a very good game of 223 but she outdid him with a 227. In the championship game she bowled a 265, making it almost impossible to beat her. I liked Chris Barnes' reaction at the end. He's a classy guy. Like he said, he's used to losing to women anyways because his wife is a pro bowler too.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I watched from start to finish. She was awesome. She throws an excellent ball. It's not like she backed in because her opponents bowled bad, she just out bowled them. Her first opponent, Mika Koivuniemi, bowled a very good game of 223 but she outdid him with a 227. In the championship game she bowled a 265, making it almost impossible to beat her. I liked Chris Barnes' reaction at the end. He's a classy guy. Like he said, he's used to losing to women anyways because his wife is a pro bowler too.
    I hope they replay that on ESPN (Instant Classic?). I watched the first match but did not have a chance to watch the remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I liked Chris Barnes' reaction at the end.
    The reaction I liked was the, "Are you kidding me?" reaction to the "I'm getting my booty kicked," as he gets walloped in the Championship game by more than 70 points.

Highest series of the season last night with a 673. I am most happy that I only had one open frame the whole series and that was only a miss throw on the 4-7. No splits or wild leaves makes me know I was in the pocket all night.

I used my new 900 Global Bounty Hunter tonight in league play and was crushing the pins. The company that makes this ball has a cool marketing ploy going on - if a bowler bowls a sanctioned 300 with the Bounty Hunter the bowler wins a cut of 50,000 dollars. Well, tonight I struck in the first seven frames. I buried the 8th ball deep in the pocket and left a stone 9 pin. I couldn't believe it ... I couldn't have thrown a better ball. I ended up striking in the 9th and 10th. If only that nine pin had carried...

I shot my first 700 series tonight. In the first game I had the first four strikes, then crushed the pocket and somehow left a seven pin, which I missed. I then struckout for a 267. If only that seven pin had fell...the next game I had a 203 and then the last game I started out with the first five strikes, had a pocket split, struck on the next two, and then left another pocket split, and then struckout in the 10th frame for a 232 and 702 series. I could've had two 300 games tonight with a little more luck. Oh well.

Congrats on the 700 series OBM! I have a 673 and a 675 the last two weeks (this week was canceled because of snow). I had the front 7 in game 2 of last week and buried the 8th and left a 7 pin and of course missed it and then struck out for a 267. I think I had a 225 in 3rd game but my 1st game wasn't good enough to get the 700.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Congrats on the 700 series OBM! I have a 673 and a 675 the last two weeks (this week was canceled because of snow). I had the front 7 in game 2 of last week and buried the 8th and left a 7 pin and of course missed it and then struck out for a 267. I think I had a 225 in 3rd game but my 1st game wasn't good enough to get the 700.
    Thanks man.

Glad to hear you're still bowling good. Keep it up.

Anyone watch the USBC Masters on ESPN today? Walter Ray Williams Jr. is a machine. I love watching him bowl. He shot a 258 to beat Ryan Ciminelli and advance to the championship round and then followed that up with a 290 to defeat Chris Barnes to win his 47th title.

Walter Ray is my favorite bowler. He doesn't use perfect form and he doesn't hook the hell out of the ball but he sure knows how to win and he knows how important spares are to keeping your scores high. I've been bowling in leagues for about 17 years or so. I currently average 203 but am hoping to finish the season at 205 which would be my high for a full season. High series this year was a 735; got 17 out of the last 18...darn 2 pin....

Bum

Turn Off Ads?