Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Reds vs Pirates 9-24-09

Re: Reds vs Pirates 9-24-09

with 3 at houston and the final 6 at home we have a chance to finish with 78-79 wins. considering everything thats happened this season i would take that. of course this team is going to have to add some things to get to the same level as st. louis.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds would have to go 6-3 in the last 9 games to finish with 78 wins. 7-2 for 79 wins. While it's possible they could win that many I'm just happy with the finish. There were some that didn't think this many wins would be possible back in March. Take away some of the lost time/injuries and the winning season that was predicted by some would've happened.

.500 or Bust!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    15,892 attended this fine event today.
    That's PAID attendance. I was at the game and they announced both paid and turnstile attendance. The latter was under 3,000.

It was a late September day game between two teams at the bottom of their division, there was a threat of rain, and the entire city is shut down because of g-20. I was way down the first base line in the lower deck (these tickets cost...ten dollars), and during the first couple of innings, we could hear Marty Brennamen calling the game. I'm not kidding. It was that quiet. Great fun though. We saw Air Force One go by during the game, and after Milledge had his home run and the fireworks went off, helicopters swarmed the joint. Apparently no one warned summit security that the Pirates might have cause to make noise.

Then we got a notion in our head to go to Cleveland for a double header. Progressive Field: weirdest. park. ever. But it was great seeing the Reds win. Man, the Pirates are just...comically bad.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?