Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3rd place!3rd place!3rd place!

3rd place!3rd place!3rd place!

Going into the season I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually rooting for the Reds finish in 3rd place.It's probably because that at one point this year I thought we were so bad that we'd challenge the Nats for the worst record in baseball.I really believed the only good thing that could come from the rest of the season would be Dusty getting the boot.

I really haven't paid as close attention the last month or 2 but I still catch at least a few games a week and always check out the box score.It's great to see Stubbs has pretty much pushed Taveras out the door and that Bailey has seemed to finally figured things out.Phillips and Votto are finishing strong along with Aaroyo and Cueto.A lot of things started to click around the time Rolen was acquired and he seems to not only be the player we'd hope he'd be but a very positive addition to the club house.

I know that there are no awards for finishing in 3rd place but considering the disaster that this season was at one point turning into I'll take it.I hope some of the young guys have gained some experience and confidence and that the older guys have learned some valuable lessons.It never hurts to end a season on a positive note.With any luck we should pass the Brewers in the standings by the end of the year and 3rd place will be ours!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3rd place!3rd place!3rd place!

3rd would be nice, all things considered. I believe the last time we finished 3rd was 2006 with an 80-82 record. They could have had a winning season that year if they would have just swept the damn Pirates that weekend. I wish that franchise would just do the world of MLB a favor and fold. I read an article on the top 10 pro sports franchises that should just give it up (surprizingly the Reed were not one of them!) and the Pirates were at #4 or 5 I think. The Lions were #1.

We on our Mr. 3000 to end the year. Finishing in 3rd place... If nothing else, we're a little better in video games next year.

It is doable, but the reds need to sweep the Cardinals to shake them up before they host Milwalkee this weekend.

1 game behind the Brewers with 3 to go.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Turn Off Ads?