Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers Predictions/Game Thread

Re: Bengals vs. Steelers Predictions/Game Thread

Un-be-liev-able

2. Turn Off Ads?

The offensive line looked pretty stout in the 3rd and 4th quarters of this one. Good feeling going into Cleveland.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Everyone in Cincinnati should chip in to buy Limas Sweed a thank you card. All the heroics would've been for nothing had he not outright dropped that TD pass from Roethlisberger.

Looks like neither team won with their 2008 2nd Round WR.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Wow! Still in shock. This win is MUCH MUCH bigger than just the W-L column. This *could* be a culture changing win.

Now excuse me while I go put a grand in the Browns to win next week. That's what the Bengals generally do following a win like this. As odd as it may sound, it will be next week against a BAD Browns team that we'll see if things are really different.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Both the offense and defense played much better in the 2nd half.

WHO-DEY!?!?!?!

I'm really glad that ill-advised spike didn't come back to bite the Bengals in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Wow! Still in shock. This win is MUCH MUCH bigger than just the W-L column. This *could* be a culture changing win.

Now excuse me while I go put a grand in the Browns to win next week. That's what the Bengals generally do following a win like this. As odd as it may sound, it will be next week against a BAD Browns team that we'll see if things are really different.
    Had the same thought right after the win. Avoiding a slip-up next week is the real key to seeing if this is a new-and-improved franchise.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Stop with that negative talk, guys. This is a different Bengals team.

Fun game today--a total rope-a-dope.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Everyone in Cincinnati should chip in to buy Limas Sweed a thank you card. All the heroics would've been for nothing had he not outright dropped that TD pass from Roethlisberger.

Looks like neither team won with their 2008 2nd Round WR.

Turnabout is fair play after the Denver debacle. But I'm still waiting for the thank-you cards from the legions of annoying Broncos fans that Im surrounded by.

I was thinking in the third quarter that the Bengals were squandering their run game. Still think they need to use it more, but I was impressed with their ability to get those do or die first downs late in the game.
    And that spike with :47 left seemed like a critical error to me, but they showed something in keeping the drive alive on four downs. It was a good win for them and I'm pretty impressed that the defense is looking a lot tougher.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Better team won today.

Listened to this one on the way home from an Indians game, gave up on our chances when we stopped to pee in Mt. Vernon. I'm so glad I was wrong. Watching the highlights, Lima Sweed left two TDs on the field.

Next week, with the Clowns self destructing after just 3 weeks almost guarantees the upset, doesn't it? I heard on one of the Cleveland stations that five players had filed grievances against Mangini. Hopefully, the boys will focus and take care of business.

Maybe winning ugly will make this team realize that they cannot overlook or take anyone lightly. I think since 2005...some players seem to have an inflated sense of self...this team sure grinds it out better.

Turn Off Ads?