Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers Predictions/Game Thread

Re: Bengals vs. Steelers Predictions/Game Thread

The one I think I HATE about being a Bengals fans is the whole "Who-Dey" thing. It's just dumb..... in my opinion of course.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The one I think I HATE about being a Bengals fans is the whole "Who-Dey" thing. It's just dumb..... in my opinion of course.
    Who-Dey

We're on the same page, me and you...

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I think Who-Dey is kind of cool, but what's stupid (imo) is how often people use it.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

It was a big thing when the Bengals actually were competing during the 80's. It's our version of the "terrible towel" or the "cheese heads".

I just want to see "the Jungle" rocking again, and Sunday was a great example.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think Who-Dey is kind of cool, but what's stupid (imo) is how often people use it.
    I like it when done as a whole chant. Just Who Dey is overused greatly.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    If you were not at the game Sunday this shows what it was like in those last moments in the stands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQUyEEnucLI#

The best part is when you see the look on the Steelers fans' faces. I'm not one to knock other fanbases, but that look has been on my face more than once because of the Cincinnati teams I root for. Especially after the Broncos game a few weeks ago. I feel for them, I really do, but its still hillarious. I'm sure there was plenty of trash talking by some of those Steeler fans before that drive. Then its like, "Oh crap, we're gonna lose to the Bengals."

One thing I hate is the people waving orange towels. Let the Steelers have their own thing. If there is one thing I can't stand it is that. We have Who Dey (like it or not), they have the terrible towel. It'd be one thing if they were mocking it for one game, but half those people probably wouldn't even equate the terrible towel to the Steelers. You can buy them at Krogers and these fans have them at every game, not just games against the Steelers. Just so annoying.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

That's 4 minutes of life I'm not getting back lol....
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

I agree with the Who Dey thing..... I loved having "Welcome to the Jungle" as the theme for this team during the late 80's...but by 1993....any sort of chant just seemed real lame and almost joke like.....like when TBS had "America's Team" for the Braves intro from 1986-1990...and they were the worst team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    That's 4 minutes of life I'm not getting back lol....
    Only four?

Heck, for me it is about 32 minutes (twice watched it almost four times in a row). Ha!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?