Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 9/25: Reds vs Astros

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 9/25: Reds vs Astros

And this one belongs to the Reds! :O) Great game.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Jay Bruce gets the post game interview and it's really nice to see him more comfortable and happy.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

OMG, now Grande thinks Sandusky is near Columbus!!! LEARN YOUR OHIO GEOGRAPHY PEOPLE!! Sandusky...on LAKE ERIE. Columbus...near the MIDDLE OF THE STATE. They are TWO HOURS apart!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    OMG, now Grande thinks Sandusky is near Columbus!!! LEARN YOUR OHIO GEOGRAPHY PEOPLE!! Sandusky...on LAKE ERIE. Columbus...near the MIDDLE OF THE STATE. They are TWO HOURS apart!!
    Well, it's more "near" Columbus than, say, Minneapolis.

Great game thread, boys and girl. Good pbp, a nice discussion between mth and me on Maloneys Jim and Matt and another between Brutus and KC on Francisco. Great to see Heather be able to stay up to keep us all in the right mood, and the blowout was nice too. It's been a very pleasant month or so and let's keep it rolling until next weekend!

Okay, it's official. We'd better win tomorrow...cuz I don't want to be blamed for breaking the winning streak. Just got my tickets. Actually pretty close to where that kid caught the bat tonight. Of course, being of sound mind...I'll be DODGING any flying bats headed my way. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I still think they keep Gomes. How much could he actually get in arbitration? His numbers ate decent but not bank breaking.
    I didn't see anyone reply to this question. I'm betting around $2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Okay, it's official. We'd better win tomorrow...cuz I don't want to be blamed for breaking the winning streak. Just got my tickets. Actually pretty close to where that kid caught the bat tonight. Of course, being of sound mind...I'll be DODGING any flying bats headed my way. :O)
    I just realized that I won't be home part of tomorrow night to entertain the game thread (I'll get home in the middle of the game) so you better bring them some good luck! If you happen to catch a foul ball or a stray bat from Joey, please send me a PM so we can talk business, LOL

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Great game thread, boys and girl. Good pbp, a nice discussion between mth and me on Maloneys Jim and Matt and another between Brutus and KC on Francisco. Great to see Heather be able to stay up to keep us all in the right mood, and the blowout was nice too. It's been a very pleasant month or so and let's keep it rolling until next weekend!
    Aww, I do my best! And my theory is that Saturday mornings are for sleeping in so why not stay up a little longer tonight? LOL

Aww, I do my best! And my theory is that Saturday mornings are for sleeping in so why not stay up a little longer tonight? LOL
    Got you beat. We're just back from the museum center picking our daughter up from the Amtrak station coming in from DC. She caught bits of the game coming through the mountains in WV, but the Charleston and Huntington stations both had high school football games on instead of the Reds.

On to .500!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

The quest for .500 record lives!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I just realized that I won't be home part of tomorrow night to entertain the game thread (I'll get home in the middle of the game) so you better bring them some good luck! If you happen to catch a foul ball or a stray bat from Joey, please send me a PM so we can talk business, LOL

Have fun!
    Notta chance. In my nearly 100 games I've attended...I've NEVER caught a foul ball. No chance I'll cough it up. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Notta chance. In my nearly 100 games I've attended...I've NEVER caught a foul ball. No chance I'll cough it up. :O)
    That's all right but you gotta give me credit for trying, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Got you beat. We're just back from the museum center picking our daughter up from the Amtrak station coming in from DC. She caught bits of the game coming through the mountains in WV, but the Charleston and Huntington stations both had high school football games on instead of the Reds.

On to .500!
    If there is anything else to broadcast, WCHS in Charleston moves the baseball to a low-watt local station that no one can get out of Kanawha County. Same with the Huntington affiliate. In fact, they are the only two stations within 150 miles that carry the Reds in WV. And then they do this? Thank goodness for Sirius-XM is all I can say. Even FSO lets us down when they decide to show Cincinnati football instead of the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?