Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's fantasy time!

Originally posted by TeamBoone
    I played on Yahoo last year with other RedsZone regulars; Chip was the commish. It was fun and plan to do it again this year.
    Actually Neo was our baseball commish, I think Chip did your football league.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by TeamCasey
    Actually Neo was our baseball commish, I think Chip did your football league.
    This is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

WKU Hilltoppers

Tons of fun

I'm in. I won two of the redszone yahoo leagues last season and am looking forward to defending my title.

By the way I've been doing tis for several years and i too believe Yahoo is the best and easiest to use.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base
    --Dave Barry

count me in.

Yahoo is fine. I prefer the H-2-H format because dead teams cause less trouble.

I'd like to play in your league this year if you'll have me. PM me with information, cost, etc., if you decide to do so. If not, give me a PM about when/"where" the draft will be.

Thanks.

I'm interested...

I know last year, I focused mainly on my sandbox team, and neglected my yahoo team, but I don't plan on doing more than one this year.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I'm interested. Please PM me when you have the details.

I agree with what other have been saying. If you're looking for a great free fantasy baseball game, Yahoo's game is the best.

I'm an old timer who doesn't know a thing about playing in a fantasy league.

How much of an effort and time does it involve daily?

I'd be interested, but as a working Dad with 3 hungry mouths to feed, I haven't gotten involved in the past because of the above reasons. I didn't want to make a commitment to something like this, and then find out I didn't have the time to be able to keep it up, and then end up contracted!

I thought about doing it and trying to get my daughter involved in helping me run my team. Maybe between the two of us we could handle it.

Just how complicated is it?

Thanks

GAC, I would say most of the work involves getting ready for your draft. In head to head leauges, you only have to worry about setting your roster once a week, so at the bare min you would have to check in just once a week (but that's no fun right) to update your roster based on injuries, performance, etc. Above and beyond that is up to the owner, but to remain active that would be all that's needed.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I would like to play. Sounds great. I've never done Yahoo fantasy before so hopefully someone can help me out?

Count me in--I'm always looking for a chance to kick Vada Pinson's(Jerry) butt in fantasy games...

Well I know I was in Chips last year and one on Sandbox with some Zoners, I am up for whatever, will definitely do Chips and if we get the same group form Sandbox, I would be glad to defend my title there.

Looking forward to a heated fantasy season,

Ryan

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar
    As Redny pointed out in this topic of his, we're looking for people that will be highly active with their team in our league whether it be at the Sporting News Site (pay to play) or Yahoo's (free at this point) .

In our fantasy basball league last year (Larkin Fan set it up as an official Redszone League at Sandbox) only 4 - 5 people in our 10 team league participated at a highly active level last year. Redny and I are asking for a highly active level of involvement from our league players because it makes the league so much more fun than having "dead teams" not participate.

I played in 2 fantasy basball leagues last year. I won the Sandbox league that Redny(finished 2nd), LexingtonRedsFan(Kevin-finished last, LOL!!!) and others played in last baseball season.

WolfWolfWolf(Larry? or was Larry's team named Bob Boone) weren't you in this league of ours last year?
    Sorry, I have forgotten.

I finished 2nd in the other Sandbox league I played in that also had Lexington Reds Fan in it.

It's always fun competing against and beating great competitors like Redny(Ken) & Kevin. Kevin knows that I've always beaten him in baseball .

Redny- as for what you requested in your opening post on this subject, just an FYI - I haven't received any PM's from any potential team owner wanting to participate at a high level in our league for this upcoming season.

Thanks Ken for getting the ball rolling!!!

Looking Forward to another fun season of fantasy baseball!!!
    Jerry/Vada Pinson Fan

Originally posted by Ryan the Reds Fan
    Well I know I was in Chips last year and one on Sandbox with some Zoners, I am up for whatever, will definitely do Chips and if we get the same group form Sandbox, I would be glad to defend my title there.
    Ryan, you're confusing the fantasy football league with fantasy baseball. I'm not a fantasy baseball player.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Ooops, you're right... sorry Neo.

Please PM me about this league.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?