Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's fantasy time!

It's fantasy time!

Last year I was included in a fantasy league with several redszone regulars at sandbox. As it is now into February I would like to get something going with those members and others who would stay active throughout the season. Since sandbox has now gone to a monthly fee and will still be selling e-mail addresses to just about anyone who will pay. I have looked into some other options the best of which so far is: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com...oto/login.html I would like to hear from those redszone members who are interested in participating, especially those from last year (most of whose redszone names I don't know). Please PM me or Vada Pinson Fan regarding your interest.
    Thanks,
    Ken

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

How about yahoo....it is free....this looks like a pay site
    Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that f***ing dog!

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In my opinion, Yahoo is the best free fantasy site going. I played in a Sandbox league last year and wasn't that impressed. I don't know what kind of draft format you'll be using, but Yahoo's live draft is pretty good, they keep season stats up to date and it's easy to use. Plus they have the various league types which I like. They'd get my vote.

I couldn't find any up to date info on Yahoo. If you did please provide me a link. I would also prefer free, if it is well maintained.

Yahoo hasn't put up anything on their fantasy baseball leagues as of yet. I would expect that to happen about the middle of the month. I haven't heard anything that would suggest that it's not going to be free this year. The only possible cost is if you want to upgrade to their premium package which includes rankings and a live-scoring feature among other things, but that's an individual decision and one that not everyone in the league would have to get.

What kind of scoring and drafting did Yahoo use last season?

Originally posted by haassolo
    How about yahoo....it is free....this looks like a pay site
    I have been checking Yahoo everyday and they have not released their fantasy baseball games to date. I would love to get in another Redszone league this year. I had a lot of fun last year and it was very competitive. I expect that Yahoo will release the games by the end of February.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

What kind of scoring and drafting did Yahoo use last season?
    There are several different ways to set up the league. There's head-to-head, rotisserie scoring, and the traditional fantasy point league. I've never used the rotisserie scoring before, but I have used the other two and thought they were both very good.

There are several draft types. There's the live online draft where you and the rest of your league draft at the same time. This usually takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on how many are in the league. If someone can't be at the draft, then they rank their players ahead of time and the computer drafts for them. Then there's the other live draft type where everyone has 24 hours to make their picks. This works for big leagues who can't get everyone together at the same time. If you don't want to do one of those, then you can set it up so that you rank all the players in the order you want, and then it automatically selects the highest ranked player still available. I might be leaving out a variation or two, but those are the basics.

I played on Yahoo last year with other RedsZone regulars; Chip was the commish. It was fun and plan to do it again this year.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.

Yahoo has to services, they have the basic which is free and they have a plu service that you have to pay for. The plus service just gives you added features such as real time and inside info, blah, blah , blah. I always use the free stuff and it works fine, it is updated daily and is easy to use. You can have big or small leagues, your choice. Depending on how many people we get we can have on e big league or a few small league, or more than one. I prefer to have a league with a bunch of teams, around 20, or we can go really hard and do 30, it really makes you work. It will open up in a few weeks, but we can get the preliminaries worked out, find out who is playing and set the size and everything. If we points, or if not what are the roto categories. We might want to do a list draft becasue it is hard to coordinate a time for everyone to meet
    Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that f***ing dog!

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's fantasy time

I thought this was going to be a thread about George Clooney.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Count me in...

Fellas, regardless of what service is used, as long as it's a resonable price, I'd like in. As the reigning Redszone Fantasy Football Champ ( ) I'd love to try my hand against ya'll in Baseball. I'll PM you, RedNY...keep me posted please!

I pm'd you NY. Yahoo is looking to be the best free site this year.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Turn Off Ads?