Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bizarro Bengals

Bizarro Bengals

I think something in the cosmos have misaligned themselves. Accordingly, we've all woken to a bizarro universe where the Bengals function like a professional-caliber franchise and their players act like they know it.

Want to know the real kicker?

Browns fans have become apathetic to it, if not sympathetic and perhaps a bit jealous. No, really.

Make no mistake, that the Browns share a division with their sworn enemy, Pittsburgh, and pseudo former-selves, Baltimore, sharing geographical boundaries makes them an easier target to root for. But still, never thought I'd see the day where Cleveland fans show almost heartfelt desire to see the Bengals win games, in lieu of their own misery.

For three hours this upcoming Sunday, the 'pound will still be rabid and nasty toward the striped visitors. But should Cincinnati dismiss the Browns to an 0-4 start, I imagine you'll see a lot of temporary passengers on the bandwagon from North of I-70. Fancy that.

The Browns have (pauses for dramatic effect and to fully consider the ramifications of what I'm about to say)...become the 90's Bengals.

Yes, the Earth has tilted on its axis and the poles have turned upside down.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. The Opposite.

George: Hey! I just found Twenty dollars! I tell you this, something is happening in my life. I did this opposite thing last night. Up was down, black was white, good was -

Jerry: Bad.

George: Day was...

Elaine: Night?

George: Yes!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bizarro Bengals

This is a thread? [/Jerry]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Browns fans have become apathetic to it, if not sympathetic and perhaps a bit jealous. No, really.
    I must admit, I have been a diehard Browns fan my entire life. I've been raised in an environment where you learn to despise everything there is about the Bungals. I even felt undisciplined euphoria watching that tipped passed during the last few minutes of the Cincy-Denver game.

Today, I found myself rooting for them during that last drive. I have friends who are Bengal fans and for once, I wanted to see them drink a beer in triumph on a September Sunday.

Maybe it was out of my utter hatred of the Steelers and their obnoxious fans, or maybe it was a momentary weakness of sympathy for my friends, but today I say........WHO DEY!!!!

I spent the game running back and forth between the TV in my house and the birthday party next door. I had a preteen girl in a Steelers jersey with a "Big Ben" button talking smack to me throughout the party. I came back to my house just in time to see the final drive. After they scored with :14 left on the clock, I thought about writing "23-20" on some candy apples we have in the kitchen, giving them to the girl and saying "how do you like them apples?" I didn't, but the thought crossed my mind. In fact, I was pretty nice to her. I can't say the same for the Browns fans she'd been picking on.

I must say I just about swore off the NFL after last season's debacle. But now I feel like Michael Corleone. I thought I was out and they keep dragging me right back in.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I must admit, I have been a diehard Browns fan my entire life. I've been raised in an environment where you learn to despise everything there is about the Bungals. I even felt undisciplined euphoria watching that tipped passed during the last few minutes of the Cincy-Denver game.

Today, I found myself rooting for them during that last drive. I have friends who are Bengal fans and for once, I wanted to see them drink a beer in triumph on a September Sunday.

Maybe it was out of my utter hatred of the Steelers and their obnoxious fans, or maybe it was a momentary weakness of sympathy for my friends, but today I say........WHO DEY!!!!
    I'd say many of my Brownie friends have grown to appreciate us Bengal fans in ways they never did during the era of Cleveland Browns v1.0. However, after having endured the football of Browns v2.0 for so many years, many now have respect for Bengals fans as common travelers.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Turn Off Ads?