Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU best in Big 10

Re: OSU best in Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Hmmm, constantly laying an egg--thumped Kansas St. and Notre Dame in consecutive years, lost to Texas in the last seconds last year, a Texas team that was arguably deserving of the NC game themselves? Florida plays a perfect half of football three years ago and the Buckeyes are mediocre, laying eggs in the BCS games. More Mark May narrative.
    lulz @ UF playing a "perfect half." The high point of that game was Teddy returning the opening KO. . . and it was all down hill as soon as he crossed the goal line.

Of course they played the "perfect half!" They were playing OSU. I'm not saying OSU is mediocre, per say, but who's to say they aren't? What's so great about beating a ND team that hasn't won a bowl game since. . . well, I can't even remember.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Who says OSU isn't floating in mediocrity? Just because they've been to a BCS bowl for 5 straight years and constantly laying an egg in those games?
    Tressel is 3-3 in BCS bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    The Ohio State University going to BCS bowls is directly the result of winning a weak conference that thanks to the crappy BCS structure rewards the Big 11 Champ with a BCS berth.

Weak conference combined with the crappy BCS = BCS Bowls for the Bucks
    The Big 10 is currrently ranked 3rd in the RPI. You consider that weak? Does that mean that there are 24 "weak" conferences and only 2 strong ones?

Of course, here comes the argument that the RPI is flawed and meaningless.

Every year the scenario is the same. OSu fans pump up their resume to get into the NC game. Reasonable folks say no they're not worthy. Then we see OSU prove the reasonable fans right and then the OSU fans do not learn from their mistakes and start the process all over again. It's amazing...

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

lulz @ UF playing a "perfect half." The high point of that game was Teddy returning the opening KO. . . and it was all down hill as soon as he crossed the goal line.

Of course they played the "perfect half!" They were playing OSU. I'm not saying OSU is mediocre, per say, but who's to say they aren't? What's so great about beating a ND team that hasn't won a bowl game since. . . well, I can't even remember.
    You referenced laying eggs in BCS games, so when it is demonstrated that "laying eggs led to wins in some games," it was because of weak opponents in BCS games? Nice sleight of hand, but I'm confident that response shows the level of your opinion.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Every year the scenario is the same. OSu fans pump up their resume to get into the NC game. Reasonable folks say no they're not worthy. Then we see OSU prove the reasonable fans right and then the OSU fans do not learn from their mistakes and start the process all over again. It's amazing...
    Yes, OSU fans are highly influencing the process with email campaigns, making the schedule fall just so, making sure that other more worthy teams get upset along the way...the huge Buckeye conspiracy stealing the joy of a mythical NC game

Every year?

What's amazing is how the "reasonable" haters memories only go back a couple of years or a couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Tressel is 3-3 in BCS bowl games.

Beating Kansas State (a 4-loss team), Notre Dame (extremely overrated and a team who shouldn't have been there anyway), and miami (needing a -3 TO margin, a VERY questionable call, and a should-be heisman winner tearing up his knee).

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yes, OSU fans are highly influencing the process with email campaigns, making the schedule fall just so, making sure that other more worthy teams get upset along the way...the huge Buckeye conspiracy stealing the joy of a mythical NC game

Where did I say OSU fans influenced the process? Maybe some did but the folks I argue with here on RZ have no such power. That I'm sure of.

Every year?

What's amazing is how the "reasonable" haters memories only go back a couple of years or a couple of games.
    You make a good point. This is a recent OSU problem. Obviously they were legitimately in the NC game when they beat Miami (FL)

What makes me a hater? I happen to have an OSU degree on my wall. I'm just not a Kool Aide drinker

Of course, here comes the argument that the RPI is flawed and meaningless.

Well, the RPI IS highly flawed if not meaningless.

Although it's unfair, certain teams will get the nod over other teams because of $. It's not the way it should be, but it is. OSU/Texas/LSU/etc are some of those teams who if resumes are even closely similar, they will play in a BCS game (unless they're competing against each other). OSU has earned their right for BCS spot more than other teams. Notre Dame is obviously a team who gets the benefit of the doubt more than any other college team.

Although it's unfair, certain teams will get the nod over other teams because of $. It's not the way it should be, but it is. OSU/Texas/LSU/etc are some of those teams who if resumes are even closely similar, they will play in a BCS game (unless they're competing against each other). OSU has earned their right for BCS spot more than other teams. Notre Dame is obviously a team who gets the benefit of the doubt more than any other college team.
    I have no problem with OSU getting a BCS bid. They are clearly the best Big Ten team and should represent the Big Ten in the BCS. My argument is about the NC game

Beating Kansas State (a 4-loss team), Notre Dame (extremely overrated and a team who shouldn't have been there anyway), and miami (needing a -3 TO margin, a VERY questionable call, and a should-be heisman winner tearing up his knee).
    I know, when the Buckeyes win a BCS bowl game, it's because their opponent was overrated and didn't belong or the refs won it for them.

I know, when the Buckeyes win a BCS bowl game, it's because their opponent was overrated and didn't belong or the refs won it for them.
    Be sarcastic all you want but he makes a good point where KSU and ND are concerned

Turn Off Ads?