Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL 09-10 Season

NHL 09-10 Season

It's that time again!!! I can't wait to hear AC/DC, a cannon, and Joe Satriani playing this year!

I'm very optimistic after last years run to the playoffs for the Jackets.

Anyone else wanna get some thoughts in on this upcoming NHL season?
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NHL 09-10 Season

I think the Jackets or Hawks will make a serious run at Detroit. I honestly think the key to success for the CBJ is the health of Mason, Nash and Brassard. IF they stay healthy and guys like Filatov contribute, we can win a playoff series or two.

I am disappointed that Time Warner is not showing the Jackets opener here in Cincinnati. Usually they put it on an overflow channel when there is a conflict with the Reds or Cavs, but apparently they're not doing so Saturday. I guess the loop of customer service promos is just too valuable.

Detroit is still the team to beat in the west, though the BH's are moving up. The BJ's might win a round if they get in the playoffs, but they won't place higher than 3rd in the division. The east has more offense and flash, but I really see more west games myself so I can't make too much of a prediction out of that section of the league, other than the Caps are probably better than the Pens at this point

Once again I expect the Sharks to roll through the season and crash in the playoffs. Until they do otherwise, that's what I believe.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Once again I expect the Sharks to roll through the season and crash in the playoffs. Until they do otherwise, that's what I believe.
    They were talking about that on NHL Network this morning. Some of the pundits think Heatley is the great savior but somehow I expect more of the same in SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    They were talking about that on NHL Network this morning. Some of the pundits think Heatley is the great savior but somehow I expect more of the same in SJ.
    You have to expect it, because it's how this team has defined itself - playoff underachievers.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I think the Jackets or Hawks will make a serious run at Detroit. I honestly think the key to success for the CBJ is the health of Mason, Nash and Brassard. IF they stay healthy and guys like Filatov contribute, we can win a playoff series or two.

I am disappointed that Time Warner is not showing the Jackets opener here in Cincinnati. Usually they put it on an overflow channel when there is a conflict with the Reds or Cavs, but apparently they're not doing so Saturday. I guess the loop of customer service promos is just too valuable.
    Can you get Center Ice with TW? It's free on DTV for the first 3 weeks of the season, so I'm hoping I can watch it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Can you get Center Ice with TW? It's free on DTV for the first 3 weeks of the season, so I'm hoping I can watch it that way.
    Yes, but the Jackets are blacked out on CI--at least they were the past two years when I had Dish.

This is a guest post by Adam:

Honestly, I don't think the Brassard deal was legit. We haven't even seen him play half a season yet. He could turn out being a flop. If Rick Nash decides to backcheck maybe we will have a good season but besides that we will get dominated by Detroit.

Last edited by blumj; 12-21-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Blackhawks are looking great. Will be interesting to see Detroit when they get healthy. Not sure how they stack up yet, but I think they are ready for them this year if they get to a playoff match-up. Their defense has been incredible this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Blackhawks are looking great. Will be interesting to see Detroit when they get healthy. Not sure how they stack up yet, but I think they are ready for them this year if they get to a playoff match-up. Their defense has been incredible this year.
    yep there defense was the biggest question mark, now the biggest one is will they be able to capitalize with their roster before the salary cap closes their window, they have a lot of big money tied up in the next few years.

The Wings have been decimated by injuries and it's a wonder they still can field a competive team, that bodes well for a healthy team in the playoffs though.

Thrashers have been fun to watch this year. Haven't made it to a game yet, but we're going first or second week in January.

BlackHawks are dominating.

Time for some AC/DC.

Blue Jackets are floundering, incredibly weak defense the culprit, this is a bad thing since it was considered a strength. The major one.

Turn Off Ads?