Caught Ochocinco today on a good five minutes on PITP with Wilbon and Kornheiser. He was actually more on the serious side, but gave a real good interview.
Was real impressed with some things he said.
For those that missed it, here are some of the things I can remember off the top of my head:
* Said he came into this season with a much better mindset than last year. He said he let the adversity and worrying about other things affect his work ethic last year, and his coaches, teammates and organization suffered because of it. He said he felt real bad that happened.
* He said accordingly, he worked his butt off this year and is trying to get back to where he was before last year's off-the-field stuff.
* He credits Denzel Washington, Ray Lewis and a third guy (I'm trying to remember who it was he mentioned) for helping him get back in the right frame of mind. He said he speaks with those people often, and they helped him clear his head of negative thoughts and focus on the positive.
* He thinks he and Carson are going to get back into being the 'next Peyton-Harrison' combo everyone expected a few years ago by the end of the year. He said Carson is back to 100% but the offense as a whole is still getting in sync and and on the verge of clicking.
* Believes this team has better work ethic and is not in this position by accident. He said Hard Knocks may not have changed the team's mindset any, but thinks it shows "why" this team is in better shape.
* Said he fully expects plenty of fines this week for wearing pink to support breast cancer awareness. He is going all out, saying it will include shoes, chin strap, wrist bands, etc. He said he expects a fine - probably for the chin strap. Every dollar he's fine, he said he's going match for a donation to a local breast cancer research center in the Cincinnati area.
It was not classic Chad from the standpoint that he was pretty serious. But he certainly was very brash and confident. All in all, it may have been the best interview he's ever given.