Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Letterman and Pitino Need to Talk

Letterman and Pitino Need to Talk

Letterman apparently was being extorted by someone at CBS for having affairs with a few women that also worked at CBS. He and Rick Pitino ned to compare notes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091002/...rman_extortion
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Letterman and Pitino Need to Talk

I saw that last night. It was really odd, I don't think the audience ever quite knew if he was being serious. It reminded me of when Jerry Seinfeld brought Michael Richards on Letterman's show to apologize. And Jerry kept telling people to stop laughing and that made them laugh more.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I saw that last night. It was really odd, I don't think the audience ever quite knew if he was being serious.
    I caught it on the CBS morning show. He was describing the box and the awful note left in his car and the audience just kept laughing at it. It was surreal. Maybe that glowing box in the living room is turning us into a nation of idiots, unable to discern real comedy? Either that or there's a whole subculture of people who guffaw their way through every episode of CSi and 24.

The applause & laughter that followed his admission was bizarre.

It was on the channel 12 11 o'clock news so I knew it was coming. If I didn't, I'm not sure when I would have "gotten" when Dave wasn't kidding about it and that it wasn't a comedy bit.

I think it wasn't till he was about 90% of the way through it that the audience went "oh, gee, this is serious".

He was pretty manic and nervous through his monologue and his confession. It wasn't till the very end did he finally settle down. It was all really weird.

Pay attention to the open sky

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Paying for it makes sense- Charlie Sheen made this point a few years back.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

You mean to tell me Letterman isnt the smartest person around?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You mean to tell me Letterman isnt the smartest person around?
    I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it. He's hardly the first famous individual to have a "zipper problem" with staff members -- I think it just comes with the territory.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

People laugh when they are uncomfortable. It releases tension. And quite frankly it's awkward to hear something this serious being told to you during the taping of a comedy show you just waited an hour in line to watch and just got "warmed up" for by the house comic/host. I don't think there is any corrolation between their laughing and America's perceived numbness to violence.

It is being reported that Robert Halderman, identified as the producer of the CBS show "48 Hours," was the individual who was attempting to blackmail Letterman.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

In most environments what Letterman did (having sex with underlings) would get you fired. It shows incredibly poor judgement.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it. He's hardly the first famous individual to have a "zipper problem" with staff members -- I think it just comes with the territory.
    Well he surely lets everyone know about his intelligence with some of the interviews he does. Maybe he's just cocky and full of himself then. Maybe that last sentence really should be changed given the thread topic but im just going to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Well he surely lets everyone know about his intelligence with some of the interviews he does. Maybe he's just cocky and full of himself then. Maybe that last sentence really should be changed given the thread topic but im just going to go with it.
    He sure lets everyone know about how intelligent he thinks that he is with some of the interviews he does. Whether or not Letterman is actually as intelligent as he imagines himself to be is a different issue.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    He sure lets everyone know about how intelligent he thinks that he is with some of the interviews he does. Whether or not Letterman is actually as intelligent as he imagines himself to be is a different issue.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    It is being reported that Robert Halderman, identified as the producer of the CBS show "48 Hours," was the individual who was attempting to blackmail Letterman.
    To me, THAT'S the big angle of the story. The extortion was perpetrated by a producer of a investigative news show.

Turn Off Ads?