Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Pujols picture

Amazing Pujols picture

2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Amazing Pujols picture

fotoshop and this is a Reds board, or I imagine if you get any hitter at the point of impact, the ball is compressed, well, except Willy Taveras and Paul Janish.

It's not 'shopped. The photographer in the article said that in 26 years he's only been able to get a picture of the ball being compressed 3 times. And that's just because he knows Pujols's swing so well that he was able to time it.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

That is a great picture. A lot to like in those mechanics -- to me, his balance at the point of contact is remarkable.

His pants are too long.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    His pants are too long.
    I'm surprised the back of the bottom of his pant legs doesn't catch a spike.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    That is a great picture. A lot to like in those mechanics -- to me, his balance at the point of contact is remarkable.
    It's picture perfect (pun intended, of course).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Maybe the ball is normal and it's the bat that is compressed

Did you steal this from G. Grande's bedroom wall?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    It's not 'shopped. The photographer in the article said that in 26 years he's only been able to get a picture of the ball being compressed 3 times. And that's just because he knows Pujols's swing so well that he was able to time it.
    Yeah.....I'm sure he was able to time it right down to the 1/millionth of a second? I'm not believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Yeah.....I'm sure he was able to time it right down to the 1/millionth of a second? I'm not believing it.
    Some of the newer cameras can take a sequential array of photos - as many as several per second. If you do it every swing, you're bound to get lucky one of those times.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The top side of the ball appears to have computer colored white and the seam and the top of the ball appear mismatched. The light top of the ball does not look like sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Some of the newer cameras can take a sequential array of photos - as many as several per second. If you do it every swing, you're bound to get lucky one of those times.
    Can anyone else produce a photo of a ball that is supposedly compressed like this one? I'll believe it if I see it. I'm still calling BS.

Can anyone else produce a photo of a ball that is supposedly compressed like this one? I'll believe it if I see it. I'm still calling BS.
    I'm not saying it is or isn't photoshopped. I'm also not saying whether or not I believe compression, as seen in this photo, actually happens. I assume it does, but I have no real way of knowing.

But I'm saying I do believe it's possible to capture it, as allegedly done in this photo, given technology and how many frames per second newer cameras snap.

Is this a rubbed up ball? Any pine tar on it?

Turn Off Ads?