Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just lost my job...

Just lost my job...

I got the call into the office yesterday I had hoped I would never receive. Very stressful time for my wife and I right now. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.
    We'll win it all next year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just lost my job...

Sorry to hear that. Good luck in finding something else soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Man, that is a tough break. I have been there before--believe me, brighter days are ahead.

As I am also in the Lexington market, I would be happy to keep my eyes peeled for you. If you let me know which industries interests you, I would be happy to shoot you a PM if I hear of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Man, that is a tough break. I have been there before--believe me, brighter days are ahead.

As I am also in the Lexington market, I would be happy to keep my eyes peeled for you. If you let me know which industries interests you, I would be happy to shoot you a PM if I hear of anything.
    I appreciate the kind words. Everything happens for a reason I guess.

I've been in sales since graduating in 06' (Bachelors in Business Admin./Marketing). I'm looking at this as an opportunity to move out of sales and hopefully into Marketing or Management, but would be willing to take on any challenge. My true passion is in sports; I also have a strong desire to get in the health care field someday. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

-Brandon Thomas
    bthomas@kcu.edu
    We'll win it all next year...

I'm with you, spiritually an literally. I was in the same position earlier this year. Stay strong and keep a positive attitude.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, man.

I worked for a staffing company for 4 years when they closed the doors on New Years eve 2001. I spent 2 years in sales and 2 years in recruiting (basically sales really) when they closed. I was able to use that experience along with my Business/Public Management Degree to land a job as an HR Recruiter in Healthcare. Eventually, I would work in compliance and audting and then become HR Director.

If you want to get into healthcare, with your sales background, recruiting might be a way for a door to open.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Sorry to hear that. Whenever someone says they lost their job, I think of Bobcat Goldthwait, who once said:

"I used to work (at some entry-level job) but then I lost my job. Well, I didn't lose my job. I still know where it is, it's just that now there is someone else doing it."

I know it probably doesn't apply to your situation, but it always cracked me up.

If you're interested in getting into health care and are willing to relocate, I'd recommend looking at jobs in the Cleveland/Northeast Ohio region. The economy may stink up here in many fields, but health care is one of the areas in which this area excels. The Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, Summa Healthcare, and Akron General, all highly rated nationwide, are all expanding with new treatment facilities. Add to that Cleveland's plans to build a Medical Mart, based on the idea of Chicago's Merchandise Mart, downtown and there might be some good opportunities for a person with a sales/marketing background looking to get into the field.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Also, IMG has offices in Cleveland if you're interested in sports agency.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?