Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin killing

Twin killing

Minnesota sure did get the result(s) they needed so far tonight.

The Tigers laid an egg tonight at home. Detroit lost to Jake Peavy and the 'Sox 8-0.

Meanwhile, at the last regular season series ever in the Metrodome, the Twins are beating the Royals to a pulp 9-0 in the 4th. If not for the fact they have to go up against Greinke tomorrow night, they might be in real good shape to pull a miracle out these last few days. Simply winning the next two and getting one more Sox loss puts them in a one-game playoff in Minnesota on Monday.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Twin killing

Minnesota is only 1 game back now. I just noticed that Colorado has a shot at switching places with the Dodgers as well. That's not as big as what the Twins are trying to do, obviously, but I thought it was interesting.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Minnesota is only 1 game back now. I just noticed that Colorado has a shot at switching places with the Dodgers as well. That's not as big as what the Twins are trying to do, obviously, but I thought it was interesting.
    Though we know the four teams that will make it in the NL playoffs, the seed picture is all muddy. Philadelphia, St. Louis and LA all lost Friday night. So now, only two games separate the four teams in overall record. Even further, both Colorado and Philadelphia are only one game back of the Dodgers. If Colorado wins tonight, we won't know any of the NL seeds until Sunday.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Go Twinkies!

I've also been rooting for the Twins but I've been feeling like I should want the Tigers to win just cuz Detroit/Michigan could use some kind of good news to feel good about.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

I've also been rooting for the Twins but I've been feeling like I should want the Tigers to win just cuz Detroit/Michigan could use some kind of good news to feel good about.

embrace the little guy and hope Twins do it once again!
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

That's what I'm thinking as well, Go Tigers.
    Go Gators!

I would not mind the Twins but they do not have Justin available to hit and no one as good as Verlander to pitch.....and I want someone capable of beating the Yankees in the first round again.

The one game playoff would be in Minnesota on Monday? I haven't paid attention to the coin flips but if that's true how is that going to work out with the Vikings and Packers playing the Monday Night Football game that night in the dome?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    The one game playoff would be in Minnesota on Monday? I haven't paid attention to the coin flips but if that's true how is that going to work out with the Vikings and Packers playing the Monday Night Football game that night in the dome?
    I thought the playoff would be in Detroit.

However, if it were to be in Minnesota, I guess that means we're lookin' at a morning game, and then the NFL game that night?

Hello scheduling snafu.

Nope, they wouldn't play the game until Tuesday. Just in case anyone was still wondering whether or not the world really does revolve around Brett Favre.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Philadelphia, St. Louis and LA all lost Friday night.
    I read that and I thought you had a typo. The Cards were up 6-0 going into the sixth inning. I figured it was a done deal for the win there. Nope, 12-6 loss. The Brewers scored 1 in the 6th, 6 in the 7th, and 5 in the 8th. All without the longball. It's starting to look like the Cards may be imploding.
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Yeah, as mentioned, it will be Tuesday, not Monday. I had heard Monday, but it was a mistake on that person's part when it was said on whatever it was I was watching at the time. It is in Minnesota if there is one, but it will be Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Nope, they wouldn't play the game until Tuesday. Just in case anyone was still wondering whether or not the world really does revolve around Brett Favre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Yeah, as mentioned, it will be Tuesday, not Monday. I had heard Monday, but it was a mistake on that person's part when it was said on whatever it was I was watching at the time. It is in Minnesota if there is one, but it will be Tuesday.
    Are you guys sure? Or do you have a source? All I could find was this at mlb.com:
    If the division ends up tied, a tiebreaker game would be played at Minnesota, date pending possible arrangements with the NFL because of a scheduled Monday Night Football game.
    Maybe it will be Tuesday. But the football game isn't until 8:30 Monday night. If they really wanted to they could play the baseball game, if still needed, with a start time around 1 pm Monday and be ok.

Are you guys sure? Or do you have a source? All I could find was this at mlb.com:

Maybe it will be Tuesday. But the football game isn't until 8:30 Monday night. If they really wanted to they could play the baseball game, if still needed, with a start time around 1 pm Monday and be ok.
    They'll want a night game for TV, besides it takes time to change the field from BB to FB. It will take most of Tues afternoon I'd guess.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?