Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Choose 4

Choose 4

I'm in a money keeper league and I'm starting to think about who I should keep for next year. I need to choose 4 players, it does not matter if they are pitcher, hitters, whatever. Ten team league, standard roster size and stats (5x5 roto), I narrowed it down to anyone that might get any interest.

My options

Morneau
    Aaron Hill
    Troy Tulowitzki
    Kevin Youkilis
    Carlos Beltran
    Matt Kemp
    Curtis Granderson
    Dustin Pedroia

Matt Cain
    Cole Hamels
    Javier Vasquez
    Mariano Rivera

I'm leaning towards: Morneau, Kemp, Beltran, Tulo
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Choose 4

Tulowitzki, Morneau/Beltran, Kemp, Pedroia...

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

right now I would go with Morneau, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pedroia
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Morneau, Tulo, Kemp, Cain

Just curious why not as much love for Beltra? Do you guys think his injury will hurt him that much? And why Pedroia? I almost didn't even mention the fact that he was an option.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Just curious why not as much love for Beltra? Do you guys think his injury will hurt him that much? And why Pedroia? I almost didn't even mention the fact that he was an option.
    He's just getting old. Pedroia is now a lock for a ton of Runs, he matches Beltran in SBs, and he hits for a higher BA. Sure, Beltran has more power and gets more RBIs, but Pedroia plays a scarce offensive position...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Youk, Kemp, Hamels, Granderson

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Hey Stephen,

My picks for your 4 kepers would be: Morneau(money in the bank); Youkilis/Beltran(tough call b/c Youkilis is the safer bet but Beltran may offer better stats if he can play all season); Kemp(superstar written all over him for years to come); Rivera(Mariano keeps getting the job done in elite fashion- can't turn this future HOF'er loose but age could be a factor any upcoming season- I keep him for 2010).

Good Luck Stephen!
    Jerry/Vada Pinson Fan
    PS- R.O.T.L. info forthcoming(within 2weeks or so).

Turn Off Ads?