Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is your Minor League MVP?

Who is your Minor League MVP?

I think it's a little different than the most talented, Alonso is probably the most talented but who had the MVP year, a pitcher or batter?

Mine, I'll go with Chris Heisey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is your Minor League MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I think it's a little different than the most talented, Alonso is probably the most talented but who had the MVP year, a pitcher or batter?

Mine, I'll go with Chris Heisey.
    Agree on Heisey. He was in the conversation for minor league player of the year while he was at AA. He had some trouble in AAA though. He still had an OPS that was 70 Points higher than Stubbs in AAA though.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Juan Francisco, I am not a fan of his future, but to deny his minor league present is, to overlook one of the best minor league seasons by a Reds prospect in a very long time.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Juan Francisco, I am not a fan of his future, but to deny his minor league present is, to overlook one of the best minor league seasons by a Reds prospect in a very long time.
    quoted for truth.

If Stewart were still in the organization, it'd be a tough call though.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    100% agreed. I'd probably add Justin Lehr as a close second and pitcher of the year. He might not be a prospect but he dominated AAA this year. Travis Wood was good as well but, like Heisey, put up his best numbers at a lower level prior to his promotion.

I'll go with Travis Wood. 167 IP, 1.77 ERA, 1.04 WHIP.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'll go with Travis Wood. 167 IP, 1.77 ERA, 1.04 WHIP.
    He was my pick. It should have been Alonso, but he was hurt and didn't have as good of a season as I hoped.

Seems like it's gotta be either Heisey or Wood. They were headlines all year; well, most of the year. I like Francisco a lot and, unlike many, think he has a terrific major-league future, but he was quiet for much of the season at Carolina. Heisey far exceeded him there. And Wood's season at Carolina was practically epic.

hitter: Heisey
    pitcher: Wood

1. Heisey
    2. Wood
    3. Ondrusek
    4. Lehr
    5. Barker
    6. Francisco
    7. Frazier
    8. Wiley
    9. McDonald
    10. Klinker

Also receiving votes: Del Rosario, Puckett, Mendez, Sappelt, Oliveras

Travis Wood. I know about major league projections and all...but I'm looking forward to seeing him compete at the next level. He could be a sleeper in my opinion (being that he isn't projected as a 1 or 2 at the MLB level).

Kevin Barker. Big year for team that made the playoffs.

Wood

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Wood

I do think it's probably Wood or Heisey, however I gotta give some serious props to Lehr. #1 His season was pretty nice and he did help Homer get over the proverbial hump, so he helped improve his teammates as well.

But strictly from a dominance standpoint Travis Wood has to get the nod IMO.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?