Of course we're all full aware of Yogi Berra's "Yogisms"....

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."

"It's like deja-vu, all over again"

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

But how about some other great quotes? And it doesn't necessarily have to be by an athlete or manager.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. - Dave Barry

We're supposed to be perfect our first day on the job and then show constant improvement. - Ed Vargo, major league baseball umpire

Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalised for too many players on the field - Jim Bouton

Trying to sneak a fastball past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. - Joe Adcock

When we played softball, I'd steal 2nd base, feel guilty and go back. - Woody Allen

I'm beginning to see Brooks [Robinson] in my sleep. If I dropped a paper plate, he'd pick it up on one hop and throw me out at first. - Sparky Anderson

And I never heard of this guy named Rocky Bridges until recently. Of course, unless you're a baseball historian, or really, really an old-timer, one probably wouldn't. He wasn't a stand-out player; but did play for the Reds for 4 years in the mid-50s.

"It's a good thing I stayed in Cincinnati for four years It took me that long to learn how to spell it."

"Coaching third with a pitcher on base is like being a member of a bomb disposal squad. The thing could blow up in your face at any moment."

"You know when you've got it made? When you get your name in the crossword puzzles."