Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan claims Graham missed game winner in Cleveland

Rob Ryan claims Graham missed game winner in Cleveland

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...gals+missed+FG

I don't remember it even being close. Interesting claim though.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rob Ryan claims Graham missed game winner in Cleveland

I've only seen it once from the original television angle, which isn't necessarily the best angle. Nevertheless, when I saw it, I thought he missed it myself. I actually remember chuckling when the refs signaled that it was good and figured that the camera angle was screwed up.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I thought he missed it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

It looked very close. But I think the angle made it more deceiving that it really was. I find it hard to believe that the ref standing right under the goal post would miss that call. It sounds more like a Ryan running his mouth than anything else.

The one angle makes it look like he missed it but I saw another angle on either TV or the internet that showed it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It looked very close. But I think the angle made it more deceiving that it really was. I find it hard to believe that the ref standing right under the goal post would miss that call. It sounds more like a Ryan running his mouth than anything else.
    I agree on both counts. You'd have to have some unbelievably bad officials to miss whether a field goal was made or not....especially when it's a potential game winner.

The replay on youtube looks like he missed it, that's the endzone angle. It's not the best quality though, so I'm guessing the official right under the goal post had a better shot at it than we do from the endzone camera.

I thought he missed it from every angle I saw, but Shayne Graham's reaction RIGHT after he kicked it makes me think it went in.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

I also thought he missed it from the only view I saw of it. My friends thought that too. They swear by it. I'll have to look at it again, but from that endzone angle, it definitely seemed to go left (right if you are looking at it from the players' point of view).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I've watched this several times now. No question in my mind this was missed.

And a HD video on NFL.com.

Ryan disputes call
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Retired

I think it was just the angle the ball was kicked from, which makes it look wide on the endzone camera.

There were 2 refs in the endzone, and both of them signaled it was a good kick.

Typical self hating bengal fans would think he missed that kick.

Refs called it good and I remember seeing another angle that showed the ball being inside the poles.

- Cover Chad Ochocinco in the end zone on 4th and 10 and the Browns win the game.
    - Don't allow Palmer to run 15 yards untouched on 4th and 11 and that field goal wouldn't have been attempted.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I've only seen it once from the original television angle, which isn't necessarily the best angle. Nevertheless, when I saw it, I thought he missed it myself. I actually remember chuckling when the refs signaled that it was good and figured that the camera angle was screwed up.
    Everyone at the bar where I watched the game thought Graham missed the FG at the end of OT.

I don't remember them showing another angle, only the one as he kicked it essentially at the camera. Looked like he missed it to the right to me.

I'd have to see it from another angle before.

Turn Off Ads?