Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals at Ravens

Re: Bengals at Ravens

The Bengals should have a big lead right now instead its 7-3 Ravens.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Chad is holding this team back. Big time.
    That's a curious thing to say, he's got 5 catches for 75 yards. He's having a decent season. Has he done anything else to "hold the team back?"

Why did Marvin call time out at the end of the half? All it did was give Baltimore one more shot at the endzone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He's the only receiver getting open consistently today. Ed Reed made a great play to punch the ball out.
    I'll change my mind once Chad blocks, runs his routes, and doesn't let the ball bobble around in his one arm as he's running down field. Reed made a good play, but Chad sure helped him out.

7-3 at half time doesn't really tell the story of this game. A lot of big mistakes for both teams.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's a curious thing to say, he's got 5 catches for 75 yards. He's having a decent season. Has he done anything else to "hold the team back?"

Why did Marvin call time out at the end of the half? All it did was give Baltimore one more shot at the endzone.
    Chad is a very talented receiver. No question there. When this offense misfires, it's often because Chad's head isn't in the game.

Reed made a good play, but Chad sure helped him out.
    That happens all the time, especially with Ed Reed.

This team would be nowhere this season without Chad. He has been Carson's go-to receiver and has made the plays when he needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    That happens all the time, especially with Ed Reed.

This team would be nowhere this season without Chad. He has been Carson's go-to receiver and has made the plays when he needed to.
    Feel free to pile on. I still stand by what I said.

I think Chad is playing pretty hard today. I see him running good routes out there and blocking downfield for Benson. Plus he has 5 for 75 today. He definitely should secure the ball better but he isn't the only one making mistakes today. Carson telegraphed that int. to Reed for 6, Coats dropped a sure TD, and JJ should have had a TD in the endzone.

On the bright side the Bengals have moved the ball very well against the Ravens D, hopefully they don't make the right adjustments at halftime.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I've felt the same way as you in recent years and even sometimes this year. But this game is one that I have to disagree with you.

Not piling on in anyway, I just don't see a lot of facts to back up your statements today. Seems to be more subjective than objective. After Chad's behavior last season I can see a lot of reasons to not like his game. Just not seeing it so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I've felt the same way as you in recent years and even sometimes this year. But this game is one that I have to disagree with you.
    I agree he's had a good game today. One mistake doesn't negate that. Sorry. I meant more about the season as a whole. He had two great TD catches in the Cleveland game, but he ran some really bad routes in key situations. Marvin even mentioned as much in his pregame show today. I'm not talking about cutting bait with Chad. He just needs to get his head in the game. This offense relies heavily on him. As long as that's true, the offense will go as far as Chad will allow it to go. Sometimes his head's in the game and other times it's not.

Andre Smith looking pretty Chunky on the sideline there.

Not piling on in anyway, I just don't see a lot of facts to back up your statements today. Seems to be more subjective than objective. After Chad's behavior last season I can see a lot of reasons to not like his game. Just not seeing it so far this season.
    Posted above. Chad has looked either really good or really bad this season.

Joseph has turned into a hammer out there.

Great punt by the Ravens, Bengals pinned deep inside their 10.

I don't mistake Chad's mouth with Chad's play. He hasn't been running his mouth this season, but he's still Chad. Until they find someone to step up and take T.J.'s place, his usual games (taking plays off, running bad routes, not paying attention in the huddle) hurt the offense much more than they used to because he's the only big weapon they have in the passing game.

Turn Off Ads?