Turn Off Ads?

Thread: LaRussa to meet with Cardinals brass..

LaRussa to meet with Cardinals brass..

They said LaRussa is supposed to have a meeting with the Cardinals brass today on ESPN, determining his future with the team, as well as his staff. They said he was hesitant to make a committment after the game Saturday night. Just thought people might be interested in this since bringing him in here has been mentioned. Personally I think it would be stupid to drop 6-8 million on 2 managers, after letting Dusty go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LaRussa to meet with Cardinals brass..

if they arent going to drop the money for players, i would sure hope they'd be willing to drop money down on managers like larussa/duncan

show the fans you're doing at least something

I would probably explode because this owner would rather spend money on coaches than fill holes on the roster responsibly.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Can't argue with LaRusa's track record. He wins MLB games. But I feel that he'd be only here on money motivation. Let's be honest, why would he wanna go from StL to Cincy? Why? What a dropoff. Is he still hungry to really win a championship? That said he's an upgrade over dusty.

Marty hates TLR with a passion. That would be interesting to hear Marty B's comments on him if he was hired.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Can't argue with LaRusa's track record. He wins MLB games. But I feel that he'd be only here on money motivation. Let's be honest, why would he wanna go from StL to Cincy? Why? What a dropoff. Is he still hungry to really win a championship? That said he's an upgrade over dusty.

Marty hates TLR with a passion. That would be interesting to hear Marty B's comments on him if he was hired.
    I keep reading this....what's the back story ?
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

Marty thinks LaRussa thinks of himself as God's gift to baseball.

He is just egotistical enough to take a spot like this, to show he can turn poop into gold. Are the reds going to pay enough to convince him though, and if its that much, is it really worth it if we arent going to upgrade the players too? Kind of as pointless as having a Porshe with no engine, just sits there looking good, but wont run.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

TLR is not comming here....2 WS 5 Pennants 90+ win seasons 10+ times 11 first place finishes....I wish he were.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think TLR will take time off before he would come to the Reds. But, with Matt Holliday looking to go elsewhere, and the Cardinals looking to trim payroll, and Pujols contract status up in the air including his health problems, I could see TLR not going back to the Cards. I think they they drop off next year. Just my opinion.

Turn Off Ads?