Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Re: Sons of Anarchy

I have been watching SOA on netfilx, oftentimes while doing something else. I am just on Season 5 but I just can't get excited about the show anymore. Opie was one of my favorite sons but they killed him off and Jax's transition has really made him unlikable. I think the story lines have become a little stretched and with the recent spoilers I have read I just don't know if I can get back into it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think it was more you did see it coming, but not at all that like.
    Yea, we knew something was coming, but wow. I didn't see it playing out like that. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have been watching SOA on netfilx, oftentimes while doing something else. I am just on Season 5 but I just can't get excited about the show anymore. Opie was one of my favorite sons but they killed him off and Jax's transition has really made him unlikable. I think the story lines have become a little stretched and with the recent spoilers I have read I just don't know if I can get back into it.
    I've heard this from other people that watch the show on Netflix. When Opie died it was a sad moment, but I didn't really mind that it happened. His role in the show had diminished a bit at that point and it seemed like it had been a long time since he had been a key character. I think when you binge watch the show a bit and there is less seperation between episodes there was more of a connection to Opie.

I do agree with your opinion on Jax. The key to this show is that you have to like and root for the bad guy. Jax has become a really bad guy and it has made it tough the last couple seasons (it doens't get better in Season 6).

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    Feel the same about this season..but yea that Tara/Gemma scene had my jaw dropped and eyes glued to the screen. I did not see that coming...
    Sutter said that having to write out Toric four episodes earlier then expected didn't help. Donal Logue had scheduling conflicts with Game of Thrones. I enjoyed the season.

Going to need the Americans to come back on to fill a void.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Sutter said that having to write out Toric four episodes earlier then expected didn't help. Donal Logue had scheduling conflicts with Game of Thrones. I enjoyed the season.

Going to need the Americans to come back on to fill a void.
    The Americans was easily my favorite new show of 2012. Can't wait for Season Two.

7. Likes:

gilpdawg (12-13-2013)

Stat geek...and proud

Well, since there's only one season left, I'd imagine Jax has a redemption coming. I always saw the show ending one of two ways, either Jax wins in the end, club goes into legit business, and continues on, or they all go down, and you flash forward 20 years in the final scene to find his kids getting into the game.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I thought season 1 was pretty good, but it didn't capture me like it did some others, but I liked it enough to watch season 2. I didn't care much for that season but didn't hate it so thought I'd give season 3 a chance. I thought season 3 was just bad, so I didn't watch season 4 until much later when I was bored and needed something.

I actually thought season 4 was decent, so I decided to watch season 5 while it was on TV. I thought it was just bad TV. If that was season 1, it would not have been renewed. I almost stopped mid-season and wish I would have. I watched the first episode of this season and haven't watched since. I checked in on this thread to see if this season was any good and haven't read anything to make me want to watch.

For me, TV dramas have to either have great plotting/writing, or great character. The plotting has been all over the place, so that no longer interests me. The bigger problem with SoA, in my opinion, is that the characters just aren't interesting to me at all. They're all very fictional, with nothing authentic about them. The Jax character could be somewhat interesting, but the actor is so bad that I lose interest. Villains can be great characters in TV dramas, but none of the SoA characters fit that bill for me. Gemma is just not a believable character and she alone made me not want to watch the show anymore, not in a "I hate her so much, which means the actor must be doing a great job" type of way. I can't really explain it, but Gemma makes me want to stop watching, even though I think Sagal does a good job.

Justified is a good example of what works for me, but doesn't in SoA. The plotting is fun, but can be a little out there. The show almost has that "we're not going to take things too seriously" type of feel to it, IMO. But the characters and acting are fantastic. I watch that show because it has great characters and great writing....so many memorable lines. Justified is what SoA wants to be, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-13-2013)

Sons of Anarchy is just too unbelievable at this point.

Every character on the show in real life would be in prison right now. There is way too much evidence for them to be free. They consistently commit bloody murders and then just leave the crime scene and nothing ever comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Well, since there's only one season left, I'd imagine Jax has a redemption coming. I always saw the show ending one of two ways, either Jax wins in the end, club goes into legit business, and continues on, or they all go down, and you flash forward 20 years in the final scene to find his kids getting into the game.
    I either read or saw an interview with Kurt Sutter where he said Sons was inspired by Hamlet. If so I don't see how this series ends well for Jax.

Turn Off Ads?