Prospect #10 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect #11 - Matt Maloney

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #12 prospect?

It's Matt Klinker's time now...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It's Matt Klinker's time now...
    Agreed, He rose through the system in 2009 and would seem to be in line as a rotation alternate at AAA in 2010.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I took Klinker as well, not in the 'mood' for the Billy Hamilton types right now. I'm pretty excited about Hamilton, but I look at him like Duran and YRod and Soto, so young.

They belong on the list somewhere, I'm not sure. Still haven't done my top 40 so we'll see. I have a feeling I'll bias the youngins pretty hard, around the 20's.

I ask myself, "if I have to build an organization from scratch, who do I take that can help within 3 years?" Kind of arbitrary, but keeps me sane.

I'd like to submit Eziquiel Infante for the next round, pretty heady stuff so far...

I just have a hard time ranking guys like Hamilton above a guy like Dorn, who is admittedly flawed but who has done nothing but rake. Maybe I just don't know enough about Hamilton, but it seems like there are always those stellar athletes who can do every... except hit the ball consistently. I'd like a position player to show me that before I buy in to the hype.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I just have a hard time ranking guys like Hamilton above a guy like Dorn, who is admittedly flawed but who has done nothing but rake. Maybe I just don't know enough about Hamilton, but it seems like there are always those stellar athletes who can do every... except hit the ball consistently. I'd like a position player to show me that before I buy in to the hype.
    I agree, I could possibly be swayed on a pitcher here but until then my votes will go to Valaika who had a lost year but in my eyes is still a potentially solid starting 2B.

If someone wants to try to convince me there is a legit #3 or better starter relatively close to the majors I'll listen. I ask because some of these arms I am just not up on. They are way too tough for me to gauge unless I have a scouting report and I don't have enough info on guys like Klinker, Jordan Smith, Jeremy Horst, Ondrusek, Del Rosario, LeCure.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I agree, I could possibly be swayed on a pitcher here but until then my votes will go to Valaika who had a lost year but in my eyes is still a potentially solid starting 2B.

If someone wants to try to convince me there is a legit #3 or better starter relatively close to the majors I'll listen. I ask because some of these arms I am just not up on. They are way too tough for me to gauge unless I have a scouting report and I don't have enough info on guys like Klinker, Jordan Smith, Jeremy Horst, Ondrusek, Del Rosario, LeCure.
    Matt Klinker has stuff to be a #3 pitcher. Above average curveball, 90-94 MPH fastball, solid change up. Has shown good control overall.

Valaika

Donnie Joseph will be in a Reds uni this summer. 'Nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Matt Klinker has stuff to be a #3 pitcher. Above average curveball, 90-94 MPH fastball, solid change up. Has shown good control overall.
    Seems to have most if not all his problems vs. LH's, must need another pitch or improve that change up. If he can improve on that he looks solid.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I've finally hit a point where I've flip-flopped... Voted Hamilton last round, but took Valaika this round. Either way, those will probably be the next two guys off the board.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

For the folks voting Valaika, what position do you see him playing?

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Can't really see him playing SS, so that hurts him a bit... 2b is a possibility, but then he's blocked by Phillips and probably Frazier too... That being said... I'm probably pulling for Valaika to erupt with the bat early, and see if you can't swing him in a deal to a team needing a young 2bman and having catcher, lhp, or SS depth...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Just because he's blocked doesn't mean he's not a solid prospect, IMO. So the next question, for those of you who took Hamilton, what year do you see him playing?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    i have a hard time ranking anyone who hasn't played at AA (or at least done very well in high A). predicting a guy like Dorn's success or lack thereof in the bigs is a lot easier than guys like Hamilton. Hamilton is just so far away from the bigs that there are too many variables to make a scientific prediction

Turn Off Ads?