Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #2 prospect?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

0 0%
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

1 0.75%
  • Danny Dorn

3 2.24%
  • Juan Duran

0 0%
  • Matt Fairel

0 0%
  • Juan Francisco

25 18.66%
  • Todd Frazier

37 27.61%
  • Chris Heisey

2 1.49%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Mike Leake

44 32.84%
  • Matt Maloney

0 0%
  • Devin Mesoraco

1 0.75%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

14 10.45%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Jordan Smith

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

0 0%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

0 0%
  • Daniel Tuttle

0 0%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.75%
  • Humberto Valor

0 0%
  • Pedro Viola

0 0%
  • Travis Wood

6 4.48%
  • other - name him

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #2 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #2 prospect?

Eventually you will want Brad Boxberger on the list.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll add Billy Hamilton, Donnie Joseph, Mark Serrano, and Josh Fellhauer to the next poll. I meant to add them to this poll but I forgot.
    I recommend adding Rojas, Wiley and Sappelt, too

Do we really need 70 names on the poll? We're talking about the very top prospects at this point, most of these people being named don't have the slightest prayer of being voted #2, 3, 4, whatever. As it is we've got people on the poll who won't crack the top 20.

I sad Yorman at #1 so i have to go with him at #2. I still think he has the highest upside in the organization. A 16 year old Latin Eric Davis.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Do we really need 70 names on the poll? We're talking about the very top prospects at this point, most of these people being named don't have the slightest prayer of being voted #2, 3, 4, whatever. As it is we've got people on the poll who won't crack the top 20.
    Not to mention that there is also an "other" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I agree. I like to limit the polls to no more than 12-15 names but in the other thread people were suggesting we name as many as 25 prospects on each poll. On the next poll I'm probably going to cut it down to about 15.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Gotta go Leake here. Alonso is the clear #1 IMO and after that everyone has some significant drawbacks. Leake's college resume and projections of moving fast make his lack of profesional time seem like a lesser flaw than poor plate discipline (Francisco), not having a good positional fit (Frazier) or being far, far away from the majors (Y-Rod), so its Leake by process of elimination.

Good post. My thoughts exactly.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Doug, next year do you expect Yorman will play later on (in rookie ball again), or could he possibly be out there sooner in Dayton?

I Went with Leake, but Wood was very close to getting my vote

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I agree. I like to limit the polls to no more than 12-15 names but in the other thread people were suggesting we name as many as 25 prospects on each poll. On the next poll I'm probably going to cut it down to about 15.
    Just my view, but I wouldn't cut it down too much. People shouldn't be steered to certain prospects because some posters want their favorites highlighted.

And, like last year, when the result is very close, there should be a runoff.

One proposed change -- let's say Frazier and Leake (or Francisco, Yorman, whomever) are very close for number 2, say within 5 percent. You might have a run-off between the top two. The winner becomes number 2. The loser becomes number 3 prospect automatically.

Then you go to the poll for number 4 directly.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-16-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Just my view, but I wouldn't cut it down too much. People shouldn't be steered to certain prospects because some posters want their favorites highlighted.

And, like last year, when the result is very close, there should be a runoff.

One proposed change -- let's say Frazier and Leake (or Francisco, Yorman, whomever) are close for number 2. You might have a run-off between the top two. The winner becomes number 2. The loser becomes number 3 prospect automatically.
    Yeah but maybe those who voted for Frazier have a clear cut favorite not in the next two. I wouldn't limit the choices.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Yeah but maybe those who voted for Frazier have a clear cut favorite not in the next two. I wouldn't limit the choices.
    What I'm saying is that if Frazier and Leake are very close to win - and no third guy is particularly close - OBM should be able to say that the run-off will determine both prospect 2 and prospect 3.

No use having a separate poll for prospect 3 when the outcome is clear.

But the outcome really isn't that clear. Francisco isn't close to 3rd, but with so many Leake votes available, a big block of those would push Francisco past Frazier.

Dorn. He's already capable of hitting MLB RH pitchers, and the jury is still out on him facing LH. Good platoon in LF with Gomes next year, better option than Nix anyway........

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

If Frazier had a definitive position, he might have an argument for #2. Since he does not, Leake's the no-brainer #2 for me.

Turn Off Ads?