Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The entire story on our site's performence, where it's headed and everything else

Another infrequent poster but frequent reader. I really like the idea of PayPal, and would gladly kick in to keep things moving along.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I would kick in some money too. It feels odd for me to admit that I would do this for web site, but I cannot deny the obvious : I visit here a lot and think Boss/GIK/et al do a terrific job. The site does not get overrun with idiots (for the most part) and whe something does go amiss, it is rectified quickly. Then most importantly, of course, there is the content which we all come here for. It truly is the best, which is a direct result of the contributions not only of Boss/GIK but of so many members.

I'd pay $20/year. I agree with so many others that making it a pay site would be more of a hassle for the admins/owners that it may be worth.

Good luck with whatever choice is made.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

We should have a resolution shortly.

I am also a member of Coltpower.com and i pay 16$ a year but they also scour the web for news about the colts and they have a forum but i would pay to keep this site going and have to not run into a bunch of delays when something big goes down.
    Go Redlegs!!!!

Originally posted by 919191
    New suggestion- how about putting together and selling a "Ladies of RedsZone" calender? Tastefully done of course!:evilgrin:
    We're trying to raise money here! :evilgrin:

We're trying to raise money here!
    Or to put the accent differently.

"People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Originally posted by guernsey

Bravo! Made my day!

"Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Originally posted by guernsey

I always try to accentuate the positive though

I don't post much, but use this as a resource of information daily, as I would a newspaper. I have subsriptions to everything that moves, and would gladly contribute here.

The pool of people you have here are Reds fans, and that means that they will be here every year. Just let us know what you decide. I've been following since the Cincinnati.com days, and there are likley a ton of people like me getting the best info. in real time from this board.

Having a desiganted month for a fund drive is probably best, and in addition to donating cash I'd donate prizes during donation month if that was needed. As a troller, I can afford $50 a year and donate some of my season tickets for prizes. Don't count out the trollers. We love this place!

Please choose PayPal for donations. With 20 million users, it's an account that is easy to use, and the Mod's will never have to worry about "where" the money is. Thank you for making this site a resource for so many Reds fans.

Originally posted by y2kz3
    Having a desiganted month for a fund drive is probably best, and in addition to donating cash I'd donate prizes during donation month if that was needed. Thank you for making this site a resource for so many Reds fans.
    I think timing is meaningful. I know we had a fundraiser not too long ago. Everyone has been wonderful and steps up when the need comes up. I think you guys would get a broader response if you have a fund drive during spring training and maybe mid-season or so, and budget from there. Mid-season may not be ideal, I don't know. Perhaps during the annual meetings? Just trying to pick a bi-annual time where you have the most visitors.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I say we hold our first Redszone Constitutional Meeting at TeamClark's bar! That way we can work on two types of drafts! :evilgrin:

Originally posted by TeamCasey
    I think timing is meaningful. I know we had a fundraiser not too long ago. Everyone has been wonderful and steps up when the need comes up. I think you guys would get a broader response if you have a fund drive during spring training and maybe mid-season or so, and budget from there. Mid-season may not be ideal, I don't know. Perhaps during the annual meetings? Just trying to pick a bi-annual time where you have the most visitors.
    Why not two months, and/or keep the account open in case someone is strapped that month, but will be able to contribute more in a month or two. That way, people could contribute whenever they want. The fundraiser month or months would then serve as a reminder.

As for the months ... why not Feb and/or Oct? I'd say April for Opening Day, but that's too close to Tax Day.

Just tossing out ideas.

I've been getting more and more server is full errors. This needs to get moving....NOW. I've given in the past and will give again. Let us know what you need and I would be shocked if it didn't get done
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Originally posted by KYRedsFan
    I've been getting more and more server is full errors.
    Me too and today when I finally connected there were only 8 other people here. Made me wonder about the server to busy message.

I vote for a couple "drive" months and also leaving the door open for donations year round. You know what they say - keep it simple...
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I believe the "server is busy" function is something that Boss said he added to prevent the site from crashing for now until they get this situation resolved.

I too have gotten quite a few of them. I just hit the back button and kep trying till it posts. Or else I'll save my response in "My Documents" and try later

Turn Off Ads?