Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housh says: throw me the ball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Housh says: throw me the ball

Heh.

Not terribly surprising. Though it would be nice to have him, Andre Caldwell is a nice substitute for much cheaper. Still, wonder if he'll have any moments of regret when he looks back on the season (and I would hope the Bengals continue to give him reason to do so).

Houshmandzadeh angry over catches
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Re: Housh says: throw me the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Heh.

Not terribly surprising. Though it would be nice to have him, Andre Caldwell is a nice substitute for much cheaper. Still, wonder if he'll have any moments of regret when he looks back on the season (and I would hope the Bengals continue to give him reason to do so).

Houshmandzadeh angry over catches
    Housh is a huge crybaby, and I can't help but think him being gone has helped Ochocinco's attitude. I got sick of Housh and his flailing his arms at the ref everytime he didn't make a catch. I don't miss him. He is not performing anywhere near what the Seahawks are paying him.

Addition
    by
    Subtraction

On the brink of disaster

It does amaze me that the Seahawks signed him to that contract and aren't really using him much. That tells me that they don't like his attitude, he doesn't understand the system, or they are just terrible at working him into the system. I honestly thought he was a good player, but was far from unreplaceable. I don't want a player with his selfish attitude on the Bengals. Maybe the Bengal's play this year should show you somthing about his effect on the team chemistry, or maybe not, but you still have to wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    It does amaze me that the Seahawks signed him to that contract and aren't really using him much.
    No secret here. Their starting QB has been out half the year. The backup is not much of a passer. Their O-line is really bad due to injuries too. They're down to a guy they signed after the season started at LT due to numerous injuries. Their Hall of Fame LT Walter Jones hasn't played a down and is sounding like Levi Jones in that he can't seem to recover from off season knee surgery

I do not see anything in that article that is obnoxious. He is admitting that he must do his part to convince his coaches that he can do the job and has so far failed to do so, but is willing to work harder to get there. Not seeing a crybaby attitude in this article.

Nice job on the headline by ESPN, though. Yea, that is what the quotes are saying

TJ has played with a chip on his shoulder since being drafted in the 7th round years ago. It is what made him the kind of receiver he is today. He is tough as nails and has the ability to make tough catches over the middle, and is a very reliable route runner. I think he was a very productive WR, but I think that time is about to come to an end. He is a very good #2 but he no longer has the speed to work anywhere besides the slot. He is a good #2 being paid like a #1. If Coles ever starts to play he will be able to replace TJ and Caldwell has the ability to surpass what TJ brought to the table.

Over the past few seasons, my opinion of TJ changed from someone who was a team player to someone who was an enabler of Chad's bad behavior. He's also one who tended to be very mean-spirited when it came to trash talking. His statement in week 1 saying it was a good week because he did well and the Bengals lost just shows he's not gracious toward the team that took a chance on him when no one else would.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Over the past few seasons, my opinion of TJ changed from someone who was a team player to someone who was an enabler of Chad's bad behavior. He's also one who tended to be very mean-spirited when it came to trash talking. His statement in week 1 saying it was a good week because he did well and the Bengals lost just shows he's not gracious toward the team that took a chance on him when no one else would.
    I agree. My opinion changed as well. Most telling is how the team attitude has changed since he left, especially Chad's. Maybe it's not a direct cause and effect but it doesn't reflect well on TJ.

Marvin talked of "me" players and I think TJ was one of the guys he was referring to. I think Levi Jones was another.

I felt during last season that TJ was more of a problem than chad ever was. I have a feeling that guy was the cancer.

Tj will help the seahawks. hassellbeck is the key
    housh was upset they franchised the KICKER

Quote Originally Posted by Brrrrucccceeee View Post
    Tj will help the seahawks. hassellbeck is the key
    housh was upset they franchised the KICKER
    That's not how I recall it. Housh was relieved that he wasn't franchised. He wanted to explore free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's not how I recall it. Housh was relieved that he wasn't franchised. He wanted to explore free agency
    Exactamundo. I could have sworn I read something over the off season where TJ told the Bengals not to franchise him.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Money aside as I'm not sure what the pay different is, but I'd rather have TJ over Coles any day.

Although, Caldwell is starting to make me forget both.

I can not fault any person for not wanting to play for the Bengals, however TJ sure wasn't as tactful about his exit as he could've been. The Bengals are the reason he was able to make the money he does now. He has always seemed to put his foot in his mouth more than he should and he always seemed to think that he was owed something. Sure, he played with a chip on his shoulder, but it would seem that chip was only good for his play and negative towards the team. While everyone was blaming Chad Johnson/OchoCinco, he was pretty well unnoticed.

My favorite quote was about how everyone was asking for autographs in Cincy but nobody stopped him in Seattle. He thought it was because they were all used to being rich. LOL, it couldn't be that nobody really cared could it? Most players would be excited to get that much attention. Not TJ. He thinks the fans are too bothersome, not the reason he is making big money playing a game. I know he had a tough time growing up, but the dude needs a reality check.

Turn Off Ads?