Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Bryan Price named Pitching coach

Re: Bryan Price named Pitching coach

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Some ballplayers used PEDs? I'd prefer the word "most."

Further, I understand you disagree, and that's fine. If you'd like to continue the convo. feel free to PM me, and we can discuss it without any anger. I don't want to get this thread off topic, which I suppose I've already done to some degree, my aoplogies.
    Really no need to PM as far as I'm concerned. You got that I disagree with the invocation of PEDs there and none of my comments were made angrily, nor do I think they were personal, but addressed your arguments and assertions.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Thanks.

Hopefully he can turn Homer Bailey and Matt Maloney into 2008 Dan Haren and Brandon Webb.

Then we'll be set!

I'm hoping he can see Homer doesn't need to be turned into anything...he needs to continue what he is doing. Heck, if he can manage to have Volquez, Bailey, and Cueto have a good year at the same time we'll be golden.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/200...a-3-year-deal/

Price has a 3-year deal
    Posted by jfay October 22nd, 2009, 6:07 pm Read Comments(3) Recommend(1)

Just talked to new pitching coach Bryan Price. I’m going to write something for Sunday. Here’s some highlights from our conversation:

–He said his deal is for three years, which is pretty standard for someone in demand. It’s noteworthy here because Dusty Baker is in the last year of his contract.

–Walt Jocketty said that the pitching coach would be involved in the pitching philosophy in the minors. Price will be. He said he’s spoken to minor league coordinator Mack Jenkins. “What you want is a consistent plan of development,” he said. “I’m looking for is a meeting of the minds and good communication. I have my ideas. But I’m not going to come in and tell everyone how to do their jobs. I’ve been on the other end of that and it doesn’t work.”

–Price worked with Brandon Webb, the king of the sinkerballers in Arizona, but he doesn’t force the pitch on his staff. “I’m an advocate of it,” he said. “But I also know that very few pitchers can get that type of action on the ball. You need your hand to work in the certain way and have a loose wrist to get the ball to come out that way. Until you work with someone, you can’t say who does and who doesn’t.”

–Price has talked to Jenkins and bullpen coach Porky Lopez to get a feel for the staff. He’s also is having video coordinator Jeff Graupe get him video of pitchers. He hasn’t talked to any of the pitchers. “It’s a little early to talk about next seen,” he said.
    Most interesting sentence in this story in my opinion:

–He said his deal is for three years, which is pretty standard for someone in demand. It’s noteworthy here because Dusty Baker is in the last year of his contract.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?