Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Texans at Bengals

Re: Texans at Bengals

Dave Lapham just said that Odom, the NFL's leader in sacks, is out for the season.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Dave Lapham just said that Odom, the NFL's leader in sacks, is out for the season.
    UGH.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    THAT.SUCKS.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Let me add that I took that from a Bengals board, and did not hear it for myself. I assume it to be true.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I think the 4-2 is the important thing to look at. I really haven't seen the Texans play, but apparently they have some offensive talent to chew up what seems to be a legit Bengals D.
    The Texans are an excellent offensive football team. Really, as bad as the defense played, this is a game the offense has to pick up the slack against a bad Texans D. The defense was on the field for the entire second half, which certainly didn't help matters.

Can you imagine how much better this offense would be with a healthy Utecht and Kelly? Coats and Foschii are not NFL-quality tight ends.

Odom is a huge loss for this team as he can play both inside and out on the D Line. I guess it is time to see what Frostee and Michael Johnson can do. It is going to be hard to replace those 8 sacks.

If Peko is out for an extended amount of time this game is going to really hurt.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Houston isn't a bad team at all, and they have easily the best offense the Bengals have seen this year. A loss here isn't that surprising, especially after having to constantly be up for the past three weeks; it's hard to maintain that kind of intensity forever.

It's the injuries that are really disturbing, that's the Bengals luck rearing it's head again.

Would be a good sign if they can beat Chicago, but Odom and all the other little injuries have me pretty worried now.

Also not sure what's up with the offense, they have four legit receivers who can catch the ball, why are they throwing to their horrible tight ends so much to begin with? If they aren't going to stay in and block they might as well be playing Coffman, at least he can (presumably) catch and not fumble.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    If they aren't going to stay in and block they might as well be playing Coffman, at least he can (presumably) catch and not fumble.
    Is Coffman even active? I thought that because the others are a little more advanced and Coffman is one dimensional (and doesn't play special teams), they were leaving him off the active roster each week.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I find it odd when looking back at this thread that nobody mentioned what I was thinking at the time. The Bengals (especially the defense) spent more time mourning and less time preparing for the game this week. They attended the funeral together and I just don't think their hearts were in it (the game) this week. As far as I'm concerned, they get a free pass for this game. In truth, I wouldn't blame them if they said, "Hey, it's just a silly game." and played this way all season. How Zimmer is continuing on, I don't know...I guess he knows it's what she would have wanted. The saddest part of this season is that they could come together, win it all, and still not be able to fully enjoy it.
    Now that the Chicago game is over, we've seen what they CAN do. I hope they can focus enough to continue executing. To perform like that, in the face of what they've been through, I'll be proud to be a Bengal fan for the rest of the season no matter what they do. GO BENGALS! :notworthy

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I find it odd when looking back at this thread that nobody mentioned what I was thinking at the time. The Bengals (especially the defense) spent more time mourning and less time preparing for the game this week. They attended the funeral together and I just don't think their hearts were in it (the game) this week. As far as I'm concerned, they get a free pass for this game. In truth, I wouldn't blame them if they said, "Hey, it's just a silly game." and played this way all season. How Zimmer is continuing on, I don't know...I guess he knows it's what she would have wanted. The saddest part of this season is that they could come together, win it all, and still not be able to fully enjoy it.
    Now that the Chicago game is over, we've seen what they CAN do. I hope they can focus enough to continue executing. To perform like that, in the face of what they've been through, I'll be proud to be a Bengal fan for the rest of the season no matter what they do. GO BENGALS! :notworthy
    Great point. As for Zimmer, I imagine work is therapy, sort of like the Joey Votto situation, where as long as he was focused on baseball, he could stuff down the feelings about his dad's death. I imagine this offseason will be the critical time for Zimmer, but then he isn't young and will most likely be able to deal maturely with this brutal fact of life.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Good point. I would be more inclined to agree if the Bengals hadn't been notorious at laying eggs and playing uninspired in games. Even a handful of years ago when they had a top offense, the Bengals would come out flat and lose to teams they shouldn't have. The Houston game reminded me of that, although I thought Houston was a horrible match up for the Bengals.

Turn Off Ads?