Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texans at Bengals

Re: Texans at Bengals

Ugly game. I don't think the Bengals D has enough depth to survive losing Odom, Peko and Williams.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Those 12 yds of offense in the 2nd half say it all. Ugggggh!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Very disappointing performance overall today, but especially the by the defense.

Have the Texans converted every third down and scored on every drive, or does it just seem that way? It seems that they have done whatever they have wanted to do on offense.

The doubters in the media will be out in full force again this week.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Big fumble there to give the Bengals a little life.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Ugly game. I don't think the Bengals D has enough depth to survive losing Odom, Peko and Williams.
    What happened to those guys?!

Well, I just read about Peko and Odom further up the thread but what's up with Williams? That's not good at all. We always seem to have a game where we lose players to injury and I guess this one is our game this year. This game SUCKS.
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 10-18-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Bengals TEs are playing like they really want to be replaced.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I had an ill feeling about this game as soon as I saw who we played. Just watched the NFL long enough to know the patterns, and after so much emotion in the last three division wins, I had a feeling this would be a tough game to win. And I really know nothing about the Texans.

Are the injuries temp or many games?

And oh yea, if you're gonna use tight ends in the offense, find some that can catch and hold onto the ball. Geesh.

This has seemingly been the MO of this team for a long long time. Win the occasional game against 'better' teams. Lose to teams that they should handle easily.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

What is the word on Odom?

Last I saw they were talking like he might be out for the rest of the season.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm going to look at the positives because I'm trying to remember them instead of just focusing on the loss. We're still undefeated in the AFC North, the offense showed a little life early in the game for once, and we're 4-2 overall after a pretty tough early schedule. Maybe we should just play all hard teams from now on?!

That's all I've got so someone else may have to help with the whole being positive thing, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Can the team petition the NFL to schedule all 16 of its games on the road next season?

Chicago, Baltimore and Pitts all coming up. I would be happy with winning 2 out of those 3 games with the soft spot of our schedule following those games.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Chicago, Baltimore and Pitts all coming up. I would be happy with winning 2 out of those 3 games with the soft spot of our schedule following those games.
    I think we win just 1 of the 3, maybe none.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I think we win just 1 of the 3, maybe none.
    If the offense doesn't get its acto together and a couple of these injured defensive players don't come back soon, 4-5 after the next three games is a real possibility.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I'm going to look at the positives because I'm trying to remember them instead of just focusing on the loss. We're still undefeated in the AFC North, the offense showed a little life early in the game for once, and we're 4-2 overall after a pretty tough early schedule. Maybe we should just play all hard teams from now on?!

That's all I've got so someone else may have to help with the whole being positive thing, LOL
    I think the 4-2 is the important thing to look at. I really haven't seen the Texans play, but apparently they have some offensive talent to chew up what seems to be a legit Bengals D.

The Bengals O--I think Bratkowski and Lewis decided the type of football they wanted to play in the offseason, but have the same players to try to play it with. They want to emphasize the run, but their personnell is still strongest with the wideouts. Of course, why you would want to do that with a golden armed QB and an above average core of receivers is beyond me.

Turn Off Ads?