Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

1 0.66%
  • Danny Dorn

1 0.66%
  • Juan Duran

0 0%
  • Juan Francisco

33 21.85%
  • Todd Frazier

81 53.64%
  • Chris Heisey

3 1.99%
  • Matt Maloney

0 0%
  • Devin Mesoraco

0 0%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

18 11.92%
  • Neftali Soto

0 0%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

0 0%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.66%
  • Travis Wood

13 8.61%
  • other - name him

0 0%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #2 - Mike Leake

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Todd Frazier.

Solid walk rate.
    Low strikeout rate this season after a moderate strikeout rate in the past.
    Can play defense in LF and 3B, while trying to learn 2B.
    20-25 HR pop with 40 doubles is not out of his power realm at all.

I went with Todd Frazier. He reminds me a bit of a right handed Joey Votto - not the most talented player you will see but, like Votto, he's a smart player and very hard worker. He's a doubles machine - he finished tied for third in the minors with 45 doubles this season - and has solid homerun power. I think he's a future 20-25 HR and 40 double type of hitter in the majors.

You know OBM, you really shouldn't copy things I say!

Seriously you two. Get a room.

I voted Frazier for the reasons OBM and doug both mentioned (is there an echo in here?) lol
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Should be Frazier in a runaway.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

One would hope the Reds would move Phillips to SS and play Frazier at 2B, the Reds are broke this could go a long ways into fixing the O without spending extra money needed in other places

This is where it gets a little tough. IMO Frazier, Francisco, Heisey and Y-Rod could all be the guy here. While I'm not as optimistic about Frazier as others, I do think he will be a very useful and valuable player in some yet to be determined role. Francisco could end up being a power hitting mainstay but also has a higher chance of being a complete washout. Y-Rod is off to a good start, but he's just so far away with so many possibilities of things going wrong that I can't put him ahead of the others. Heisey was my guy here until he had a big drop on his promotion to AAA, now I need to see more from him. Based on all of that, Frazier is the most likely of the group to be a solid contributor at the big league level and though I think the others could all end up as higher echelon guys, the higher probability of solid gets Frazier my vote.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    One would hope the Reds would move Phillips to SS and play Frazier at 2B, the Reds are broke this could go a long ways into fixing the O without spending extra money needed in other places
    This of course assumes a few things. One, the Reds plan to keep Brandon Phillips past his current contract. If they don't plan on that, then that move will never happen. Frazier also must learn to play 2B. He is still quite rough there. Its also an assumption that a Zack Cozart/Brandon Phillips duo isn't a better plan with Frazier getting time elsewhere (3B or LF).

Is he a butcher in the field?

I'm hoping Frazier is phased in gradually as Rolen's replacement- I think his best success would be at 3b.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

How is Todd Walker as a comp for Frazier?

Yorman. Again.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Is he a butcher in the field?
    Pretty rough. He's got a very good arm and positions himself well, but he's awkward, especially around the second base bag. In short, with practive, he should be serviceable.

And, FWIW, I think Todd Walker is an excellent comp for Frazier, all the way around. (Though Frazier should probably hit with more power.)

Turn Off Ads?