Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Heard on ESPN Radio.

Originally posted by Falls City Beer
    P.S. Brandon Larson isn't a second baseman.
    No, but he is learning the position.
    Sony High Definition TV: $2000

Digitable Cabe: $50

Watching Peter Gammons "inform" on Baseball Tonight: Priceless

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All dyslexics must untie!
    Sold high = right time to deal Walker. Hopefully the PTBNLs will pan out

Opening day leadoff hitter = Austin Kearns? Should be
    Never overlook the obvious

IMO if this is the main guy the Reds got for Walker, it's a craven salary dump.
    If????? Of course it's a craven salary dump! What did you expect? Our only hope is that this leads to something positive simply by eliminating the contract, although it will have to be VERY positive to offset the loss of Walker. I hope no one here really thinks Brandon Larson is a second baseman. His defense is shaky at third. I'm not sure he has a position, and he still hasn't proven he can hit (to me anyway).

And if the solution is Larkin to second, Boone to short... heaven help us.

Ugh.

EdE was playing SS for Dayton at the end of last season, but most folks don't think that will be his position long term.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

I think Chris Elmore, SP AA Trenton Thunder would be a good throw in if Blanco is one of the prospects.

Elmore

GS IP W L SV ERA WHIP R ER H BB K CG SO

13 84.2 8 2 0 2.35 1.16 27 22 76 22 57 2 0
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This does open up a spot for Jeff Kent or Vidro :evilgrin:
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I don't like the sound of this move....seems to me, like others are saing that it is salray dump pure and simple. If youa re dumping salary like this when 2003 was your year to compete, then maybe the naysayers are right. Maybe Jimbo's lips ARE moving.

But, I still will wait and see. Maybe Larson is a superb 2B this winter. Frankly, I would be happy with any trade that gives Larson a chance to play everyday.

From Rotoworld:

Todd Walker - 2B - Cincinnati Reds Dec 12

ESPN.com is reporting that the Red Sox have acquired Todd Walker from the Reds for two minor leaguers. This looks more like a Dan Duquette move than something we'd expect out of Theo Epstein. Why acquire Todd Walker when Frank Catalanotto might become a free agent next week? Why acquire Todd Walker when Freddy Sanchez will be 90 percent of the player for 10 percent of the price?
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Pete was a second baseman. Maybe if he is reinstated....

Larson will never start at 2nd for the Reds.

And if he does it will make the Deion experiment look like Cal Ripkin Version 2.0

Anyone recall some talk a while back about making Larue a second baseman? I really don't think that is the plan, but I do seem to recall hearing that.

It's 2000 all over again.

This was simply a move to rid salary. And it served its purpose.

Rotoworld's echoing my thoughts (which is why the only way I'd have traded Walker to the Sox would be for Sanchez and I'm still a little flabbergasted that the Reds might have made a deal other than that).

Perhaps Walker's eyed as a 1B in Boston. They're likely letting Brian Daubach take a walk.

And Tony Blanco's got a horrific bad eye at the plate and he runs like a slug, not my idea of a good prospect.

Walker is entering the last year of his contract, then he'd become a FA.

You wouldn't get much, since it is a rental.

I read on the Red Sox forum that Theo, Red Sox new GM, had originally wanted Casey with Walker, but then changed his mind today while they wait to hear from the D-Backs on Durazo. They are apparently offering Hillenbrand for Durazo and Theo didn't want to trade for Casey while the deal was still being negotiated. Imagine if we got rid of Casey and Walker and gotten more trash back.....Terrible.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?