Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The fix is in. Yankees will win.

The fix is in. Yankees will win.

I really haven't paid to much attention to the post-season, but everytime I do divert my attention to it the yankkees seem to been getting another break from the umpires.

Examples:

Joe Mauer hits a ball that is a clearly fair ground rule double, but the ump blows to call. Of course, he would not have scored late the analysts saybecause he did hit a single later and did not score.

Mariano Rivera is captured on video doctoring the ball, but the umps don't see it so it's a-okay. Yanks win.

Angel catcher tags two Yankees out at third, but the ump says I thought one of them was on base. Of course it didn't affect the outcome of the game because neither scored the analysts say. Yankees win again.

Angel SS or 2b man (I don't know which is said to be off bag on a double play so it is not a double play. So the 3B umpire is blind for the Yankees and the 2B umpire sees all for the Yankees.

Guess i'm not missing much. MLB has already decided the Yankees will win. Why are they even saelling tickets to this canrnival?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: The fix is in. Yankees will win.

The fix is also in because they're really, really deep and very very good. That lineup is pretty sick and full of guys who rake in the clutch. Their rotation is great, they've got a bunch of guys out of the bully who throw gas. Their experience is superior to nearly everyone they face, of course I think Philadelphia will be a nice matchup to give us the best World Series.

Now, the means they went about assembling their roster is a little unfair; but thats a whole other issue.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

[QUOTE=JayBruce32;1985888]The fix is also in because they're really, really deep and very very good. That lineup is pretty sick and full of guys who rake in the clutch. Their rotation is great, they've got a bunch of guys out of the bully who throw gas. Their experience is superior to nearly everyone they face...[QUOTE]

Sounds like the 1990 Oakland A's. Man were they good. Didn't they like sweep everyone they played in the playoffs?
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 10-22-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Sorry but I;m cheering for the evil empire in the series. Don't want Philly taking distinction away from the BRM...and I like these Phillies, so its fine they win it NEXT year but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Sounds like the 1990 Oakland A's. Man were they good. Didn't they like sweep everyone they played in the playoffs?
    :dancingco

If you'll remember a sweep was predicted in that series.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

The fix is in because they have and spend the most money. Oops, that's right. The size of the payroll is irrelevant. I keep forgetting. My bad.

Just a couple quick facts from Cot's Major League Salaries website.

Out of the 8 teams that spent the most money on team salaries, 6 made the playoffs this season.
    The average team salary of the teams making the playoffs was $122.8 million. This is 34.7% higher than the overall average team salary of $91.2 million. It is also a staggering 54.2% higher than the average team salary of the teams that did not make the playoffs. Of the two remaining playoff teams the Cardinals spent just more than the team salary average at $94.5 million. Only Colorado spent below the team salary average shelling out a miserly $74.7 million. I suppose that is your proof that team salary does not matter. And let's just wait and see how long it is until the richer teams start plucking the prize players from the Rockies roster.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-22-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Baseball just doesn't get it. That's the reason the NFL is kicking their butts, and it will continue to until the baseball world realizes that their are more than 4 cities in the country.

I was thinking about this as the Reds season was winding down. But I am almost starting to think that a first half winner and a second half winner would be more interesting than the current set up. This idea screwed us in '94, but the Reds had the best record in baseball the last month and a half. They couldn't have played much worse than the Cardinals did. Or the Twins. Or the Red Sox.

anyone calling for any sort of change like instant replay or salary caps are barking up the wrong tree. selig isnt going to change any of that while commish. i still cant believe he left the all star game a tie, ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The fix is in because they have and spend the most money. Oops, that's right. The size of the payroll is irrelevant. I keep forgetting. My bad.

Just a couple quick facts from Cot's Major League Salaries website.

Out of the 8 teams that spent the most money on team salaries, 6 made the playoffs this season.
    The average team salary of the teams making the playoffs was $122.8 million. This is 34.7% higher than the overall average team salary of $91.2 million. It is also a staggering 54.2% higher than the average team salary of the teams that did not make the playoffs. Of the two remaining playoff teams the Cardinals spent just more than the team salary average at $94.5 million. Only Colorado spent below the team salary average shelling out a miserly $74.7 million. I suppose that is your proof that team salary does not matter. And let's just wait and see how long it is until the richer teams start plucking the prize players from the Rockies roster.
    80 million is the line right now. If you can't spend 80 million you're a schmuck. You're also a schmuck if you can figure out how to spend 100 million and totally whiff the playoffs. The Reds and others need to land 2-3 mvp caliber players from within their organization and do it within 2-3 years of one another. That's the game for the have-nots. I wish Bud knew this.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

When you see two runners, both of whom were clearly off the bag, tagged out. And yet only one out was called, you start to wonder. My wife, who (like me) knows almost nothing about baseball, knew both were out.

Angels have momentum and will beat the Yankees. Yankees rely to much on the HR ball to win a world series much less an ALCS.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Angels have momentum and will beat the Yankees. Yankees rely to much on the HR ball to win a world series much less an ALCS.
    Kazmir just threw that momentum over the 1st baseman's head. :thumbdown

Very dismal effort by the Angels: Horrible relief pitching (How do you throw that pitch to A-Rod on 0-2 in game 2) terrible base running, Booby Abreu the softest .300 hitter ever, Chone Figgins never showed up, they go flat in cold weather and not to forget, weak managing by Socia.

It's hard enough to beat the Yankees what with their pay roll, the ghosts, and the calls that always seem to go in their favor, but based on past history I expected a better effort from the west coast guys.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The Yankees represent everything that is wrong in MLB. I hope they lose.

I could spend $200M better than they did. But they can afford to make payroll mistakes, unlike the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The Yankees represent everything that is wrong in MLB. I hope they lose.

I could spend $200M better than they did. But they can afford to make payroll mistakes, unlike the Reds.
    Sorry but if Philly wins they become the new NL back to back winners. As of right now, the Reds are, screw em' they can win it next year. Besides the Yanks have so many what is one more going to matter? Plus if they win they tie the freakin Red Sox for number of titles this decade. I hate the Red Sox with a passion!

Turn Off Ads?