Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utah saves money by going to 4 day work week

Re: Utah saves money by going to 4 day work week

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Considering right now I'm doing a 5-7 day 60+ hr, all of the above sound good.
    No kidding. I'd love to have 5 ten hour days.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Imagine how much more efficient I could be at work if I had an extra day to recover from all my hangovers.
    It's just one more day for you to be hungover...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It's just one more day for you to be hungover...
    Yeah, no kidding. I'm showing up three hours late for work today because of it.

I work 9 hr days now... what's one more hour!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

We did this for a while about 6 months ago and it was hell because you would have to work Friday anyway, so you just ended up work 5 X 10. People are less productive the more hours they work. I vote no.

BTW, I have been working 7 days a week for the last couple months so it wouldn't be bad right now. It's hard on families though.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Utah is going back to a 5 day a week work week.

Mods, feel free to move this to Politics/Religion if you want.

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-ends-4-da...190248911.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If they actually want to save money they should go to a 4 day 8 hour week, and cut everyone's salary 10%.

Employees would like it because they would get 3 day weekends every week, and only lose 10% of their pay versus 20% of their time.

10% of all salaries would be huge.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Employees would like it because they would get 3 day weekends every week, and only lose 10% of their pay versus 20% of their time.
    A 10% pay cut would force me to look for another job -- we haven't had raises for 6 years as it is (during which time the price of a gallon of gas has almost doubled), and any cut in pay would push me over the edge when it comes to repaying student loans, paying for rent, a car, food, etc.

Extra time off isn't enticing to me in the slightest.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 09-05-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I work 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off
    3 on 3 off. Work every other Sunday and Mon- Wed for 7 weeks and Thur-Sat 7 weeks. Night shift 7 to 7. I love 3 days off 1 week and 4 off the next. I couldn't live with 2 days off anymore.

My kids are 10 and 14 and I do miss some things but sometimes I have extra time with them.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

If Thursday becomes the new Friday, will people learn to hate working on Thursday?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Four day work week? When is Hump Day?

I just started 4 10's with Monday's off a few weeks ago. So far I like it a lot. My work day didn't extend later though, I come in two hours earlier each day. To top it off when a Holiday falls on a Monday I get the prior Friday off too for a 4 day weekend. no complaints here!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    I just started 4 10's with Monday's off a few weeks ago. So far I like it a lot. My work day didn't extend later though, I come in two hours earlier each day. To top it off when a Holiday falls on a Monday I get the prior Friday off too for a 4 day weekend. no complaints here!
    That's a nice schedule. I've always found that I prefer a three day weekend ending on Monday versus the ones that begin on Friday. It's almost like you get two benefits, the long weekend, and following it up with a short week.

Plus when it's a vacation day, I feel like you get a better deal if you book it so that you leave the hotel on Monday versus checking in on Friday/
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's a nice schedule. I've always found that I prefer a three day weekend ending on Monday versus the ones that begin on Friday. It's almost like you get two benefits, the long weekend, and following it up with a short week.
    Exactly how I feel. The amount of time off is the same, but it just seems better.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?