Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Reds-Dbacks-A's-Jays four-team trade to be announced.

James Brown
    This is a good trade if Lopez can be the leadoff hitter we have been looking for. Bowden needs to get a #1 starter with the extra money he has now.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't know about Lopez speed, but I think we may be putting him in the starting line up fast. I think he has to earn it over the likes of Larson or some other move like Larkin to 2B, Boone to SS, Branyan, Larson 3B. We will see. If we get no other pitching this deal stinks IMO, but I hope I'm wrong.

I like the trade.

We get our SS of the future, and unload Dessens.

Despite his 2002 numbers, Dessens IS NOT a guy who I consider a #1 or #2 starter. I think he had a career year in 2002, and would have receive too much in arbitration to warrant keeping. I agree with Rob Neyer. Dessens would not come close to repeating his 2002 numbers.

What I really wish is that Larkin would move to 2B and let Lopez take over SS so the kid can concentrate on hitting and not learning a new position.

Two years from now, this will turn out to be a GREAT trade. I think it will be a POSITIVE trade this year.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Didn't know if this has been added yet.

"Also, Oakland, Toronto and Cincinnati each sent $333,333 to Arizona."

So...it wasn't a bunch of cash.

I like this deal assuming something else is coming. Lopez is a great young prospect.

Our recent moves

Only one things sums it up...welcome to Kansas City.
    **I'm just throwing the world curve balls.**

Click here for FalconBlog

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

The infield jobs...

Will be won at spring training, according to the interview with Bob Boone. He also mentioned that both Lopez and Larson have option(s).

---'Roser

With a OBP less than .300, and 90 SO in 282 AB's, this guy is NOT a lead off hitter. He is young, but man.

If you wanted a SS that strikes out all the time, but hits a HR once a week or so, why not get Hernadez (of the Brewers) who would have come for free ( as a FA)?

Griffey30

Griffey 30,

What is your SN at fanhome?
    Sony High Definition TV: $2000

Digitable Cabe: $50

Watching Peter Gammons "inform" on Baseball Tonight: Priceless

I have no screen name there, i was just looking around.

Oh.

Seemed like somebody I know at fanhome.

Classic Bowden of trading players that have reached their all-time highs for players that have high ceilings. We seen it before with Konerko going to the White Sox for Cameron.

Lopez is going to be a gem of a shortstop. You heard it hear from the ole Kruster. I doubt very much Walker and Dessens could improve much more than what they did this past season. Next up to be moved will be Gabe White.

Reds have cleared almost 7 million in payroll to make a trade for a frontline pitcher or possibly sign two B-type free agent pitchers.

People ***** and moan about trading Dessens. But really, is he anything better than a number 3 starter? Lopez might be the next Tejada. If a guy's projected ceiling is at the level, then you make the deal and take the money saved and play the free agent market for a pitcher.

I already mentioned this in a different thread, but this is some food for thought...

Lopez was rated higher than both Dunn and Kearns entering the 2001 season.

I thought this was a good thread to read

http://citadel6.ezboard.com/ftoronto...icID=278.topic

Can you imagine if he does become the next Tejeda? Heck, I would be happy if he could just fill Larkin's shoes.

Not only a great trade for the present and future, but the precursor to what appears to be even more imminent improvements.

Turn Off Ads?