Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Wilson signs a 2 yr contract with the Reds

well atleast some1 understands...
    What I understand is you aren't willing to devote the time to others opinions but in turn expect just the opposite from others here?

That's cool... but I would expect an attitude like that to met with the same courtesy from many here whom you are endearing yourself to today.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I guess its that time of month for you guys huh?

Classy reply... haven't taken that core course on feminism yet have ya?

hahahahahahaha

What I understand is you aren't willing to devote the time to others opinions but in turn expect just the opposite from others here?

I didnt tell any1 they had to read my post..... I just dont have time to read 3 pages worth of replies.... most people here think the same..... i read page 1 but most replies are about the same.

If people have a problem with me PM me and talk, dont be a jerk when your not called to be (not westofyou but others that are)

Classy reply... haven't taken that core course on feminism yet have ya?

you know "guys" is a general term for ppl......

Just screwed it i dont know why im even arguing with you ppl over stupid sh!t.

Just end it now..... say what you want i dont care.

you know "guys" is a general term for ppl......
    Sorry... but you hung it out there and I had to kick it long and hard.

My wife wouldn't accept anything less.

guys guys guys......LETS TALK BASEBALL!!!!!! NOT GET PISSED OFF OVER IF OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TIME TO READ THIS OR THAT OR IF THEY WILL READ UR SINCE U DONT READ THERES.....SEEMS A LITTLE CHILDISH MAYBE....this is a message board for hardcore reds fans to talk with other fans about the game and personnal....not to get all pissed off over crap....lets talk baseball guys????!!!!!!!!!

I am of the sentiment that we are out of cash right now. I know a few people disagree with me, but I have read in several newspapers that we were very interested in Chris Stynes as a veteran bench presence (good pickup I think), but Bowden mentioned that his asking price (he eventually received $400K) was too high. Now if we don't have the price for a 400K bench player, how could we afford a $5 M pitcher such as Vazquez?

Just to throw this out there, would you guys have preferred John Thomson (who signed 1 yr/$1.3 M) or Wilson (2 yr/ $4M)?

Originally posted by EmtyRedsFan
    If people have a problem with me PM me and talk, dont be a jerk when your not called to be (not westofyou but others that are)
    Good idea. Let's all follow this policy and discuss the Wilson signing instead of yammering at each other like a bunch of 3rd graders. Or we could just close the thread if no one wants to act like grown ups. :mad:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

amen to that (chipr)

Originally posted by Ga_Red
    Raisor, thanks for the stat intro and the results.
    Can you compute the required Red's run production per game
    in order for for Paul Wilson to win 12 through 20 games, after having factored into the equation the beneficial results of no DH in the NL and also a better defense with the Reds?
    I'd need a bigger calculator, and probably a slide rule to do that.

If signing Wilson means the Reds won't break camp with a starting pitcher who was in A ball last year, then it's a good move.
    Bingo.. my thoughts exactly. I don't expect Wilson to dominate, but he's got a decent shot of cracking .500.. he is a huge ungrade to our #4 slot which was previously "an unknown A ball player".

I know the Reds want to keep Reitsma in the pen, but in a pinch they can start him and avoid throwing kids to the wolves. Hopefully another arm will be signed before spring training.

I don't see the difference in paying him 2 million/year for 2 years and 500k this year and 3.5 million in 2004. I praise Bowden for his creativity. Allen probably has a hard limit that only lets him bring in guys making 500k.. way to work the loophole Jimbo.

I prefer this deal to Haynes.. where Haynes has a player's option on the second year.. in other words, if Haynes is good in 2003 we lose him, if he sucks we keep him. At least with Wilson, he can't walk away if he's good.

As CandyCummings pointed out earlier in the thread, the Reds still do not have a SO artist (Adam Dunn and Wily Mo Pena don't count! ) A legitimate ace needs to be able to strike out people. Dempster, if he ever finds that slider from 2-3 years ago, could be that guy.

The Reds do have a legit strikeout artist, his name is Scott Williamson. I do not know recovered the Reds consider Willy, but if it is close to 100%, he needs to be in the rotation, at the top.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

ok... my head is about to explode, but i think it's just a migraine. M2 lighten up. It was no slam on Raisor... I just thought an important stat was left out. What was Tampa Bay's overall runs per game? I know he loves stats more than i do. In fact without him this forum is diminished.

so thpppt.

I just don't think a couple of things are taken into account.

1. McRae is a butcher and should never manage again.

2. for just over a season and a third Paul Wilson was a very goo pitcher.

3 my tylenol are not kicking yet and i need to lie down.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Make Williamson a starter and now you lack a lights-out reliever (John Riedling and Chris Reitsma are too easy to hit and strike out too few batters to qualify).

I think Williamson will net you more wins in his current role.

And let me state again, while there's nothing wrong with the Wilson signing, it's becoming clearer that the Reds have put in action a third-place plan.

Turn Off Ads?