Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700 WLW callers

700 WLW callers

Are these people all for real, or are they characters? I mean people like Rod from Norwood, Richard from Indian Hill and Nick. I have a hard time accepting that these are real people!
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: 700 WLW callers

They've gotta be plants.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

A lot of them are fake. Pretty much every radio show does that.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    They've gotta be plants.
    Talking plants? What will they think of next?

Fakola.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

They are the same people who ask Marty why we traded Adam Dunn on the banana phone.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

One of the Cincinnati radio personalities passed away a few months ago, and I remember reading in the stories about him that he was one of those who called as various characters.

There was a point in my life when I thought all these callers were authentic.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Are these people all for real, or are they characters? I mean people like Rod from Norwood, Richard from Indian Hill and Nick. I have a hard time accepting that these are real people!
    Go to www.tracyjonesonline.com and you can find a picture of Rod on a motorcycle with his wife.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I recently read Eddie Finger's online chat on the Enquirer.com. The Richard question came up, and while Eddie didn't directly answer it, he kind of hinted that Richard from Indian Hill was "played" by Tracy. If true, I have to give Tracy more credit than I currently do. It can't be easy to switch from his "normal" voice to Richard's voice (and presumably others) in mid conversation. I always assumed it was part of the sales staff.

I get more enjoyment listening to the callers afterwards who think these people are real.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I recently read Eddie Finger's online chat on the Enquirer.com. The Richard question came up, and while Eddie didn't directly answer it, he kind of hinted that Richard from Indian Hill was "played" by Tracy. If true, I have to give Tracy more credit than I currently do. It can't be easy to switch from his "normal" voice to Richard's voice (and presumably others) in mid conversation. I always assumed it was part of the sales staff.
    The Richard voice could be taped.
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    The Richard voice could be taped.
    Could be. I don't know. But once I found how how Phil Hendry did his show, I was amazed. At first I thought his show was dumb, and couldn't figure out why it was on the air, but once I found out that all of his guests were imperssinations, done live w/ "intereviews" b/w himself and the guest, It became artwork, and pretty funny to hear the people call in and complain.

anyhoo, I still don't really care for Tracy and his act, but if he's doing several of those voices, especially if he's doing it live, then I'm pretty impressed and think he's got more skill than I thought a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure Randy Furman is sloanie, not sure about the others.

Tracy aint that talented.

I was told that Richard, Rod from Norwood and Jim the president of the Tracy Jones fan Club are all the same guy changing his voice a bit.

I don't listen to that show anymore.

I miss Tracy doing the Extra Innings shows on weekends. He was the best. On Friday nights, callers had to say how much they had to drink. This was when we were a losing team and had to be cheered up somehow. :

** See my signature **
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I miss Tracy doing the Extra Innings shows on weekends. He was the best. On Friday nights, callers had to say how much they had to drink. This was when we were a losing team and had to be cheered up somehow. :

** See my signature **
    I love talk radio and without question one of my favorite parts of talk radio is listening to the stupid people that call in. WLW has no shortage of those people.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?