Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 700 WLW callers

Re: 700 WLW callers

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Are these people all for real, or are they characters? I mean people like Rod from Norwood, Richard from Indian Hill and Nick. I have a hard time accepting that these are real people!
    Heck, I have a hard time believing you're real.

"But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Heck, I have a hard time believing you're real.

Then you have something in common with my mom.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Something that is really starting to annoy me. I often have 700wlw on during the day as background noise on my radio, paying attention if its something interesting, complete tuning out when I have things to get done.

anyhoo seems like Tracy & Sloanie have been repeating a ton of 700 content lately. I don't know how much of the radio interviews are done nationally, then sloanie, or Jim Scott voice the question and hit play on the recorded message. They had an interveiw on w/ their "Tech guy" around 5:40ish or so while I was driving home a few weeks ago that was the exact same interview that Jim Scott had earlier in the morning, or perhaps the day before in the morning. Now today, they played a bit that was the exact same bit they had on at the end of the day yesterday on the exact same show.

They miss Gary Burbank far more than I ever would have imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Something that is really starting to annoy me. I often have 700wlw on during the day as background noise on my radio, paying attention if its something interesting, complete tuning out when I have things to get done.

anyhoo seems like Tracy & Sloanie have been repeating a ton of 700 content lately. I don't know how much of the radio interviews are done nationally, then sloanie, or Jim Scott voice the question and hit play on the recorded message. They had an interveiw on w/ their "Tech guy" around 5:40ish or so while I was driving home a few weeks ago that was the exact same interview that Jim Scott had earlier in the morning, or perhaps the day before in the morning. Now today, they played a bit that was the exact same bit they had on at the end of the day yesterday on the exact same show.

I am also a background noise kind of guy. Radio and 700 WLW is not intended to be listened to all day. The expect people to listen in the car or during down time. The majority of people who listen during morning and afternoon drive would probably miss these "interesting" interviews. If you start listening to Jim Scott at 5:30am you will realize that they repeat about 2/3 of the previously aired material between 7:30am and 9am.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Agreed. Tracy's "act" has worn completely stale. Can't stand how he constantly brags that he and Sloanie have the number one show in the region. Exactly who do they have to go up against?

The fake callers were funny at first, but lately it seems as if they're overusing them. I wonder what percentage of callers are fake on Tracy and Sloanie's show. I'd say about 60-70%.

Agreed. Tracy's "act" has worn completely stale. Can't stand how he constantly brags that he and Sloanie have the number one show in the region. Exactly who do they have to go up against?
    That is why they say that, it is a joke. Darryl Parks commented that they even beat the Christmas music only channel in December. Which apparently is a big deal. Apparently Christmas Music stations dominated nationwide.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    That is why they say that, it is a joke. Darryl Parks commented that they even beat the Christmas music only channel in December. Which apparently is a big deal. Apparently Christmas Music stations dominated nationwide.
    It's not a big deal in this town. WLW has been #1 for over a decade regardless of season. It's obviously not the talent. There's other reasons they're #1 such as signal strength. The talk radio scene in this town is very weak right now

Was listening to Cunningham earlier today and he was talking to Tricia Macke about a picture she had sent him from her college days(wearing a rather skimpy bikini and major 80's or 90's hair)..he put it on his blog at the stations website...Cunningham mentioned after the interview that she gave him permission to put the pic on his blog..I did see it but several hours later it was already taken down...someone obviously wasnt happy he put it on there.........

slight correction..its not on the stations website anymore but its on wlw facebook page...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's not a big deal in this town. WLW has been #1 for over a decade regardless of season. It's obviously not the talent. There's other reasons they're #1 such as signal strength. The talk radio scene in this town is very weak right now
    Mike McConnell was the best thing 700 had going for them. I don't mind Doc, but he's not Mike.

Willie is pretty funny and entertaining if you don't take him too seriously.

And I actually love Sloanie and Tracy. Again, I don't take them that serious which makes it very entertaining for me.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Mike McConnell was the best thing 700 had going for them. I don't mind Doc, but he's not Mike.
    Same here.

Turn Off Ads?