Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The fix is in. The Phillies will win.

The fix is in. The Phillies will win.

It's obvious after the terrible double play call tonight. MLB wants the Phillies to go back-to-back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The fix is in. The Phillies will win.

Hate to tell you this, but that WAS a double play, Rollins clearly and cleanly caught and doubled up the runner. No foul play on that one.

FWIW I want the Yanks to win.

The ball short-hopped into Howard's mitt. He threw to 2nd for 1 out and then tagged Posada while he was still on the base. How can that be a double play if a ball is short-hopped yet a player is tagged out while still on a base?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    The ball short-hopped into Howard's mitt. He threw to 2nd for 1 out and then tagged Posada while he was still on the base. How can that be a double play if a ball is short-hopped yet a player is tagged out while still on a base?
    the replay clearly showed that he caught it in the air, his glove was touching the ground but the ball never did...watch it on youtube

Yea the fix is in, the Yankees lead 3 to 1. The Phillies have them where they want them.

Chill! Life will go on whoever wins the darn Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Yea the fix is in, the Yankees lead 3 to 1. The Phillies have them where they want them.

Chill! Life will go on whoever wins the darn Series!
    Agreed, everyone is blowing this damned series way out of proportion. At least we don't have to put up with Red Sox nation in this series...Does it really matter? The only way this series affects the Reds is if Philly wins cause of the back to back championships. Because of that I'm pulling for the Yanks. Hairston will get a ring as well.

I understand the bit about the back-back championships, however, I hate the Yanks and their giant payroll so much that I'm really hoping the Phils can pull this off.

Turn Off Ads?