Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about the the ole ball park

question about the the ole ball park

I was talking to a guy in the Reds sales dept......he does work to help bring out more fans, I have no idea what he does and cannot even think of his name, I met him at BW3's, I was decked out in reds gear watching a football game and that got the conversation started.....he might be a sewer cleaner for all I know. He seemed legit.....anyway, he says he is looking for ways to improve fan attendance at the stadium, my immediate response was "put a MLB team on the diamond and they will come"....I laughed, he frowned and we carried on. I told him to check this site, I would put a post and he could get some idea's from here. since its so slow here, I thought we might get some good responses.

SOOOOO, what would you like to see at the park? hundreds of gold star booths? more ice cream? cheerleaders selling beer?

not sure if dude will even log on here, but he said he would be checking it out and for what its worth, he already was well aware of this site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: question about the the ole ball park

I have to agree with your thought, a winning team needs to come before any gimmicks.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I want male and female cheerleaders, loud music between innings, t-shirt cannons, another mascot, kiss cams, chicken dance's, more radio and television broadcasters and Willy Tavares leading off and playing centerfield every game he is healthy.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

They will never draw the fans they need as long as most home games are on tv.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I have to agree with your thought, a winning team needs to come before any gimmicks.
    This is the single-most important thing. Bottom line is that people aren't going to come out for gimmicks, at least not in flocks. You can't do a bobblehead every night. At some point you've got to just spend money on big time players or exciting young players and that will bring people out at the highest most consistent volume.

As far as what your friend could bring to the table idea-wise.... more skylines and penn stations (full restaurants)
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    They will never draw the fans they need as long as most home games are on tv.
    Stomp out this thinking immediately. You want them to stop televising games? Fine. Nobody outside of the city limits will give a rat's about the Reds ever again if they do that. The Reds don't exist in a vacuum. They are in competition with every other baseball, football, basketball and hockey team for fans. People want to see the games on television. Limiting the number of games shown on TV won't increase the gate. It will just limit the number of fans in the market. Instead, you should start advocating for a salary cap that will give teams like the Reds a chance to compete with the big spenders and win more games, which will pull more people into the ballpark.

Y'know, I think dollar hot dog nights would really pack the stadium.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Y'know, I think dollar hot dog nights would really pack the stadium.
    They already have 2 $1 hot dog stands, but they could expand on that and have more. I think that may help...a bit.

Twas sarcasm, friend.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Signing one starting 8 five star free agent would bring in fans.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Twas sarcasm, friend.

Sorry...I guess I am used to taking people literally these days...guess that's what happens when you are around a 3 year old all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    This is the single-most important thing. Bottom line is that people aren't going to come out for gimmicks, at least not in flocks. You can't do a bobblehead every night. At some point you've got to just spend money on big time players or exciting young players and that will bring people out at the highest most consistent volume.

As far as what your friend could bring to the table idea-wise.... more skylines and penn stations (full restaurants)
    Sadly, they probably see it the opposite way, the bobblehead and giveaway nights are the ONLY nights they do well at the gates-but thats more due to the product. Get a good team, you dont need to do bobbleheads every night to draw fans.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I was talking to a guy in the Reds sales dept......he does work to help bring out more fans, I have no idea what he does and cannot even think of his name, I met him at BW3's, I was decked out in reds gear watching a football game and that got the conversation started.....he might be a sewer cleaner for all I know. He seemed legit.....anyway, he says he is looking for ways to improve fan attendance at the stadium, my immediate response was "put a MLB team on the diamond and they will come"....I laughed, he frowned and we carried on. I told him to check this site, I would put a post and he could get some idea's from here. since its so slow here, I thought we might get some good responses. SOOOOO, what would you like to see at the park? hundreds of gold star booths? more ice cream? cheerleaders selling beer?

not sure if dude will even log on here, but he said he would be checking it out and for what its worth, he already was well aware of this site.
    With the thread title you named this, I am sure he will be able to navigate here and find his answer quickly.

Anyway, I think lowering ticket prices Monday-Thursday could bring more fans and even non fans to the stadium.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    With the thread title you named this, I am sure he will be able to navigate here and find his answer quickly.

Anyway, I think lowering ticket prices Monday-Thursday could bring more fans and even non fans to the stadium.
    I think this is an excellent idea, especially against the Pirates.

I think local communitiy nights would help, but it might hinder game preparation. Let me explain:

Have double headers in April and May with two local high school teams playing the first game. Have one of the school's bands play the national anthem on the field before the and maybe the other take the seventh inning stretch. A lot of people will come out to see their children perform. While they're at it, bring the cheerleaders too. You could even have some softball/ baseball doubleheaders, but it might be difficult.

The big thing would be pushing sales in the school and sharing some of the revenue with the schools. Say for 10 bucks students teachers and parents get in, get a hot dog, soda, bag of peanuts,(or sunflower seeds) and a cookie. try to get elementary teachers to bring in their classes with the parents. Like I said a community event.

Turn Off Ads?